anybody else getting ready for the big blow?

hey...isnt Isabel supposed to hit Florida? it better hit florida, i could sure use a few days off of school...

if she hits you'll get a few days off. if you're on the north side you might get a few weeks off.
when hugo hit us there were watermarks at 20 ft on oak trees in copahee, sc. my friend lived there and when he went back the only thing left of his house was the brick steps and a pile of rubble that looters were picking through. he shot at them but he said he didn't hit them. i still give him shit about being a lousey shot :tickled: he did chase them into the woods that were full of pissed off snakes, wasps, and gators. we can only hope they never got back out. one dumbass tried to loot a gun shop but the owner was inside and he was shot in the ass with a .357. we all laughed about him having to stay on his belly while he was in jail :OMG:
i was only without power for 10 days but i had then and have now a gas hot water heater and stove. cooked food and hot showers for us and a lot of neighbors. got sick of eating outside but it was too hot in the house.
don't have to worry about trees as much this time because hugo cleared out an ass of pine trees(hate the damn things anyway) and uprooted a lot of the beautiful old oaks and other hardwoods. it's weird when you can start to drive around again(i was staying 20 mi from my house when he hit and couldn't get back for 3 days) and all the landmarks are gone.

i just hope she heads out to sea. there are still people that panic when they think that we might get hit again. it was worse than being in combat because at least then you can try to run. no place to run in a hurricane.