anybody ever hear of fairyland?

I question why name matters at all. Frankly, I pop in a CD and listen to the music, rather than worrying about whether the name of the band sounds gay. Frankly, I couldnt think of anything more homosexual than singing about swords and dungeons and dragons and wizards and shit like that, which many bands do. But I'm not gonna dismiss it as bad music just for a stupid reason like that, just as Fairyland should not be dismissed simply for a poor choice of name...

rockyracoon said:
I question why name matters at all. Frankly, I pop in a CD and listen to the music, rather than worrying about whether the name of the band sounds gay. Frankly, I couldnt think of anything more homosexual than singing about swords and dungeons and dragons and wizards and shit like that, which many bands do. But I'm not gonna dismiss it as bad music just for a stupid reason like that, just as Fairyland should not be dismissed simply for a poor choice of name...
COME ON!!! THEIR CALLED FAIRYLAND!!!

How cna anyone bring themselves to listen to them?

God, So guys, I got the new fairyland album! It SLAyS

.... It just doesn't have as cool of a ring to it as Cattle Decapitation

yeh you know, if you ever try to introduce Symphony X to a non believer...someone knew to the metal scene (excluding metalica and iron Maiden) they thing Symphony X is a faggy name, and alot of people think singing about nights in shinning army and swords/magic is gay as well! Fairyland is just a name, if you can;t get passed the name you don't even have the right to listen to Symphony X, or anyother good band (Although Is till havn't heard Fairlylands music so its very possible their name suits their music...But I give the benefit of the doubt!)

Judging a band by their name is NOT METAL!!!!! It's an ass hole thing to do. I only care if the insruments are good. If tey are, I'm interested.

ptah knemu said:
Judging a band by their name is NOT METAL!!!!! It's an ass hole thing to do. I only care if the insruments are good. If tey are, I'm interested.

then you should be interested :headbang: good solos powerful symphonic keyboards and just awsomeness all the way around by the way all you people who don't like fairland are fat douchebags and doucheboxes:Spin:

1. I can think of some more homosexual things to sing about than swords and dungeons and dragons.....how about singing about the first time as a young boy you accidently brushed your hand against a fully grown man's penis in the local gym showers and how it excited you.

2.Fact is when a band calls themselves Fairyland they should have a pretty good idea that they will be dismissed....as they have been by me and a few other posters here.

The band is French, so maybe they didn't think about translations and English slang when they came up with their name. That doesn't make the name Fairyland any less lame.

PS: Hi Tali, long time no see :wave:

When i think of Fairyland i think

86068890_small.jpg

Hi Beelz :)

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT BURNS!!!!!!!!! AWW GOD!!!!!!!!!!! GET IT AWAY!!!!!

EDIT: I say that not about the band, but about the picture. IT'S SO...... (do I really want to say "gay"? I don't want to come off as homophobic. you know? I'll just say it.).......GAY! In the literal sense also, for the record. You can't tell me that isn't gay. It SCREAMS Queer Eye, and by Queer Eye, iI mean Crab People!!! And I apologize to anybody that I've offended. Except the Crab People.

Buuuuurn there Talli...

Anyhow, i'm of the oppinion that fairyland is nothing more than a band who's existance is for the soul purpose of being ridiculed by metalheadz based on their name alone. I'm all about open mindedness and giving shit a chance (hell, i listen to way more shit that most of the progsnobs here would discount based on reputation alone, so bite my dick), but as many people pointed out, THEIR NAME IS FAIRYLAND!!!! Nope, i'm going to be a cock and say fuck them and fuck their band (they probly do?)

By the way, whoever said those who discount them based on the name alone have no business listening to symphony x... way to go you self rightious, egotistical prick. You are the reason i hate progsnobs.

By the way, to everyone else, i'm back :D

Beelzebub said:
Haha, me too. So did you do an image search for that or did you just copy and paste it from your wallpaper? :tickled:
BURN!! You are the INSULT MASTER!!!

theodyssey said:
By the way, whoever said those who discount them based on the name alone have no business listening to symphony x... way to go you self rightious, egotistical prick. You are the reason i hate progsnobs.

By the way, to everyone else, i'm back :D

Egotistical pricks are people who feel the need to announce their "return" to a forum on multiple threads. We were all so lost without you man...

rockyracoon said:
Just curious as to where you disappeared to during your hiatus?

Started writing for AbrasiveRock.com. Also needed a change of scenery. by the way, i know i am an egotistical asshole, but unlike some of the progsnobs here, i have no qualms about being such. :D