Anybody feel like joining a band that'll be one of the bigge

zabrak

New Metal Member
Jun 20, 2012
LOOKING FOR: rhythm guitarist/bassist/drummer/singer

I live in Portland Oregon.

I'm 22 years old, and I’ll be looking for musicians my age or younger. The reason for this, is that I'm planning to have this group run for 50 years or more, and I want the longevity to be secure.

You’ll need be as proficient with your instrument as Metallica were in the 80s. It won't be too demanding, but it’ll push you hard enough where you'll need to keep your chops up to consistently play it.

Also, this will be a heavy touring a band. You look at a band like Metallica, and they have done tours for nearly every year that they've been a band. It'll be worth it, as we'll come up with incredible, unorthodox tours and projects. We’ll try to keep everything as fresh as possible to have it remain fun.

We're aiming to be bands like Led Zeppelin. A band that was enormously commercially successful, but was also met with near-equal critical acclaim.

Similar to Radiohead, Beatles, Pink Floyd, Zeppelin, etc. we'll dabble in a variety of genres. When we delve into these genres, we'll create inspiring, top tier songs in those genres, as the mentioned bands have. We'll together study these genres to do so

Anyway, the band will be formed in two years (2014). From now until then, we'll practice and come up with music ideas. From 2014-2015, we will get signed, continue to write, and record our debut album, and have it released by 2015 at the LATEST. By the following year (2016) or the year after (2017), we will no doubt be amongst the biggest and most acclaimed bands on the planet. This will be the result of revolutionary marketing strategies I am thinking of (we will all pitch together ideas as well), among a variety of other methods.

So, to join the band, you'd need to meet all of the following requirements:
- young
- proficient in a variety of genres in two years
- have a STRONG work ethic to meet the demands of touring and a variety of side projects we'll be doing
- be prepared to stay with the bend for at least 50+ years
- have the technical capabilities of Metallica at their peak
-have the talent to create a string of classic albums that incorporate a variety of genres.

Being competent in a variety of genres may seem daunting at first, but with practice we should all get to where you need to be. The constant tours and projects may seem daunting as well, but when you realize how it all works out, you’ll be pretty OK with it. In fact, a good chunk of that project time will be be fun projects that we'll all plan out. Too many times have we heard bands break up, come to near-break ups, or continue with strained relationships. I want to minimize that as much as possible, by creating big, fun group stuff that we'll think of. We’ll even work together on projects that’s related to your hobbies outside music.Coming up with anything and everything to keep us a tight unit for as long as possible is the key.

EMAIL: rileysticka@gmail.com

Being together 24/7 maybe isnt the best way to tighten up relationship, especially outside your musical projects. Thats just makes you sick of each other. Be as democratic as possible and give space. Thats how i would approach forming a band.

Sounds like your counting your chickens before they hatch I find that it takes time to find the right people even years so its good to have expectations but to say that you have it all figured out is setting yourself up for alot of dissappointment

? He said at their peak, do you really not think they were good on their first four? I'm not saying they are, were, or ever will be virtuosos, but they had their moments. Four albums worth.

Metallica's strenght was always their song structuring skill i think. Especially in the first albums which where pretty progressive like.

Wow, I think this post is the single most naive thing I've ever read. Is it supposed to be a joke? You say you have "revolutionary marketing strategies" planned, but I don't think you have a clue how the music industry works, or the impossible odds of doing what you say you're going to do, even in a commercially popular genre of music, much less metal. Good luck though, and I hope you make your millions.

Here are a couple of links for you about the sad state of the music industry, but I'm sure you have it all figured out.

http://entertainment.howstuffworks.com/music-royalties.htm
http://raprehab.com/2012/01/how-the-music-industry-monopoly-really-works/