Anybody gone to a Dimmu show yet this tour?

Cheiron

Jan 11, 2006
Anybody? Review? I'm interested in who played in what order (and I'm guessing things might change here and there), because I want to see Dimmu and Kataklysm. Devil Driver holds no interest with me. The other band I can stand for one or two songs at best. So if I could see just Dimmu and Kataklysm that would be most favorable (can't leave the venue once the show has started so one is somewhat stuck in there [though they have pizza!] once they show up).

From my understanding, it goes Kataklysm, Devildriver, Unearth, then Dimmu. I'm going only for Kataklysm and Dimmu, but I'll probably watch Unearth since Gene Hoglan is filling in on drums for the rest of the tour.

Gene is eh... guess I'll have to wear my Metalocalpyse shirt. Maybe get him to sign it. ((for those that don't know he's recording the drums on the upcoming Dethklok ablum!))

I thought they were phenomenal. If the venue you go to does in and outs then go early for Katakylsm since they were totally awesome and wasnt expecting to rock that hard. However having to sit through Unearth and Devildriver wasnt even close to as fun.

I just compared the sets and they were exactly the same.

I have a review of the NYC show up here: http://www.metal-rules.com/zine/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=918

Edit: DC is right about the band order. I unfortunately missed Kataklysm that night (seen em before, great live) and I refused to watch DevilDriver and Unearth. I would have watched Unearth if Gene had been filling in that night though

Cool review! I agree with you about drum solos! The main reason I'm going to this show is becaue of Hellhammer so I hope they keep the drum solo.

I saw the Philly show for KATAKLYSM and DIMMU BORGIR only...but was thrilled beyond comprehension that UNEARTH was to be replaced by BEHEMOTH. Holy fucking shit! BEHEMOTH blew me away! I stood there with my mouth agape just watching this example of perfection. I highly recommend seeing BEHEMOTH.

I saw them in Charlotte NC. We were a bit late and missed Kataklysm altogether. DevilDriver was completely unwatchable, and Unearth not much better (they appeared in that order). However, Dimmu brought down the house, worth every penny of the ticket price for them alone.

They played the same order when I saw them. If you want watch Kataklysm and Dimmu Borgir you have to watch DevilDriver and Unearth. They not so bad.

I got the chance to see them at the NEMHF. I didnt make it through the full set, it just got boring really fast. The opening song was amazing but fell from there. I would have to choose Cradle of Filth, over dimmu. UNEARTH played the next night, and fucking put on a brutal set!!! Over all the fest was disappointing.....

The fest has been very disappointing overall, for a long time. With that said, I showed up late only to watch the Behemoth and Dimmu sets.... and I thought both kicked much ass. My first time seeing Behemoth, and I had no idea how good they were live. This was my second Dimmu show, and it kicked ass like expected. I might see about getting one of those "free" ozzfest tickets for the Behemoth set alone.

I'm going to the show tomorrow (5/29). Am I to understand that Unearth is being wholly replaced by Behemoth or just on select dates?

BTW, saw all but Kataklysm @ Ozzfest 2004 and had fun with all bands although Dimmu Played circles around EVERYONE else that day...

I'm going to the show tomorrow (5/29). Am I to understand that Unearth is being wholly replaced by Behemoth or just on select dates?

BTW, saw all but Kataklysm @ Ozzfest 2004 and had fun with all bands although Dimmu Played circles around EVERYONE else that day...

i was at this

it was a fun experience, but the sound wasnt so good, and it was way too fucking loud.

No, Behemoth just did one date. It sucks, I would much rather see them than Unearth. I will be at the show tomorrow as well.

Yeah, but who cares? Your mom was there! :lol:
How did she take it? :D

An excellent evening all around. Unearth was better than I expected but were almost unwatchable due to their excessive use of strobes.
Kataklysm were great.
Devildriver were okay.
Dimmu could have played a bit longer and some were a bit unhappy at their setlist, but for me, finally seeing "The Insight and the Catharsis" was great and seeing "A Succubus In Rapture" was a terrific surprise. :kickass: Seeing two of the finest drummers in metal back to back -- Gene Hoglan and Hellhammer -- was awe-inspiring and Kataklysm's drummer is no slouch either.

Shagrath went to a doctor after the show; apparently he's sick. Everyone else -- including Mustis, who has seemed shy before -- signed autographs outside and were quite cordial. :headbang: :kickass:

Yeah, but who cares? Your mom was there! :lol:
How did she take it? :D

An excellent evening all around. Unearth was better than I expected but were almost unwatchable due to their excessive use of strobes.
Kataklysm were great.
Devildriver were okay.
Dimmu could have played a bit longer and some were a bit unhappy at their setlist, but for me, finally seeing "The Insight and the Catharsis" was great and seeing "A Succubus In Rapture" was a terrific surprise. :kickass: Seeing two of the finest drummers in metal back to back -- Gene Hoglan and Hellhammer -- was awe-inspiring and Kataklysm's drummer is no slouch either.

Shagrath went to a doctor after the show; apparently he's sick. Everyone else -- including Mustis, who has seemed shy before -- signed autographs outside and were quite cordial. :headbang: :kickass:

She enjoyed it. She thought that Devildriver were terrible though.

We left after Dimmu played Sorgens Kammer (I think it was that, they said it was off of Stormblast) because we both had work early this morning. I really wanted to see the new stuff, especially The Chosen Legacy, but I'm sure they'll be back within a year or so.

it was way too fucking loud.

I didn't think so and I along with 2 of my friends managed to get on the front rail in the center of the stage.

The only gripe I had with levels and the overal mix was that Devildriver's bass was too loud so that it overpowered the guitars.

Other than that It was awesome. But my chest hurts like you wouldn't believe.

She enjoyed it. She thought that Devildriver were terrible though.

hehehehe

We left after Dimmu played Sorgens Kammer (I think it was that, they said it was off of Stormblast) because we both had work early this morning.

Yep, that's what it was....sorry you missed "Insight" and the encore, and maybe "Succubus In Rapture" as well.

I really wanted to see the new stuff, especially The Chosen Legacy, but I'm sure they'll be back within a year or so.

They will be; Simen (or maybe it was Silenoz?) said afterwards outside that they would return. :kickass: