Anybody here into Warfare?

ChemicalWarfare84

Lightning to the Nations
Apr 9, 2021
Last May, I was watching a YouTube video with a bunch of NWOBHM songs when all of a sudden, I heard this one that was probably the heaviest, nastiest NWOBHM song I'd ever listened to: "This Machine Kills", by a band called Warfare. I looked up information on them, and from what I gleaned, they were formed in Shildon, County Durham by drummer/lead vocalist Paul "Evo" Evans. Aside from a few singles and EPs, they released five albums between 1984-1990. They were once asked to open for Metallica, but because Evo didn't want to pay to do so, they instead played their own unofficial show in the parking lot, during which total mayhem ensued. Evo had also released a new Warfare album in 2018, featuring - among others - "Fast Eddie" Clarke of Motörhead and Steve "Lips" Kudlow of Anvil. Here are a few of their songs:

"This Machine Kills"

"Metal Anarchy"

"Mayhem Fuckin' Mayhem"

Reactions: Areyoumorbid
I like them.

Only have a best of compilation, but works for me.

Evo also played along Wurzel (R.I.P., Motorhead), Algy Ward (Tank), and others in the only album by Warhead (produced by Kevin Ridley, Skyclad)

Legendary band and one of the true forgotten gems of that era. They and English Dogs really were going at it in a completely different way to most bands. True O.G.s of Metal Punk

Reactions: Wyvern