Anybody in this hood know of the band Mourn?

Reign in Acai

Of Elephant and Man
Jun 25, 2003
Favela of My Dismay
I can't find any samples of these lads. Only information I have been able to collect is the following...

----------

mour-1.jpg

This is the only album released before this band broke up and members started new bands such as the sludge outfit Sloth or the stoner band Hangnail. That Rise Above released this album is definitely not a surprise. Not only does Mourn fall right into their package with their Sabbath inspired traditional Doom but their guitarist William Palmer is the manager off… Rise Above.

Mourn's music is just what you would expect from a traditional doom band. Nice slow to mid tempo 80ties style Doom with some groovy hints here and there. However, Mourn offers us a little extra, often focusing on nice intimate melodies and featuring the wonderful vocal abilities of Caroline Wilson. This gives the music a much warmer and gentile feel than most bands that play this style. The typical overall rock 'n roll attitude has been replaced by a comfortable, warm yet mournful feeling. Thus creating one of the few truly dreamy sounding traditional doom-metal acts (imagine The 3rd and the Mortal mixed with let's say The Obsessed).

Absolute highlight of the album is the third track 'Children of the Circle'. While the album generally finds itself at a consistent level of "good but not world shocking quality", this track just jumps out. Caroline's vocal abilities are at a high point here and the music manages to be both extremely catchy and sorrowful at the same time. This is one of those rare tracks that I can listen too again and again on repeat without getting sick of it. Stunning!

Upload if able. Thanks.

I used to....but dont remember it being anything special. But I could be wrong too as I do dismiss things fairly easily because I tread through so much fucking stuff. I can see if I can get something...

It is a divine album, MUCH MUCH better than what this doom-metal.com guy says it is. The combination of traditional doom ala Trouble, Cathedral, The Obsessed with some N.W.O.B.H.M. and others plus Caroline's female vocals make a beautiful result. It can be considered "shocking" as far as i'm concerned, it is incredibly inspired and sounds very very fresh still. Rise Above will re-release it soon, including all their demos (which also feature a cover of Pentagram's "Broken Vows"). As for sound samples... www.myspace.com/mourndoom