anyone at the Wyndham Hotel & question about Amtrak....

Feb 11, 2002
TUSCALOOSA, ALABAMA
YEAH, I THINK www.hotwire.com IS THE WAY TO GO, I BOOKED THROUGH THEM TODAY AND GOT THE SAME 53 DOLLAR QUOTE. WHEN I CALLED THE HOTEL DIRECTLY, THEY QUOTED ME 239.00 BUCKS!
IT LOOKS LIKE hotwire is STILL PUTTING PEOPLE IN TO THE WYNDHAM.

Maybe we all can get together and share stupid heavy metal stories. I'm a Metal DJ at WVUA at the University of Alabama, i'm full of stories about the weird people i met. You can even hear the story of Danzig's Balls..... (that's too long to go into here! but it sure is a riot....

I'm coming in on Amtrack from Alabama. Does anyone know how far it is from the Amtrak station to the Wyndham, which is best to take the MARTA or cab. Or is it so close you can walk it?

The Amtrak station is on Peachtree Street where is crosses I-85 in Downtown Atlanta. You will be just north of the venue and hotels. Your best bet would be to take a cab as there is no convenient MARTA station nearby. I'm not of the exact distance from the Wyndham, but I'm guessing it'd be easier to ride than walk with whatever luggage you will be bringing. :)

--Mike

According to Yahoo Yellow Pages, the Amtrak station is 3.0 miles from the Downtown Wyndham.

There usually are cabs available at the Amtrak station, but just in case there aren't any when you arrive, I highly recommend Checker Cab. Their phone number is 404-351-1111...

Dave, I'm at the Wyndham, we should all get together at the bar in the hotel for some cold ones. (You owe me one since it was I that posted the Hotwire "scam"). See you there!!

BTW it's the "Midtown" Wyndham!!!

Originally posted by metalvideos
Dave, I'm at the Wyndham, we should all get together at the bar in the hotel for some cold ones. (You owe me one since it was I that posted the Hotwire "scam"). See you there!!

BTW it's the "Midtown" Wyndham!!!

of course man, of course....
a friend of mine in Atlanta wants me to bring her the shampoo from the Wyndham, she says she can't afford shampoo like that...
this must be the hotel for the 'Prog Snobs' haha
thanks again for the heads up on hotwire....