Anyone experience with the Rocktron support?

DivisionByZero

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2007
Germany
www.temptamentum.com
Hi guys,

following problem: I bought a second hand Rocktron VooduValve a couple of months ago off Ebay. Didn't like the sound (Gavin, wanna give it a try? :heh:) so it went to some dark and dirty corner. A couple of weeks ago I decided to sell it again, turned it on (just for the sake of it) and got some memory error warnings. :ill: I contacted the german distributor through the Rocktron website who forwarded me to their gear repair service who told me that they can't do anything for me (without warranty). I thereupon directly contacted the official (US, I guess) support who replied me within minutes. We emailed a couple of times but their "support" never went beyond the level "Did you try to reset the device?". Eventually, the guy told me to open the goddamn Vooduvalve to see if there are loose parts. I did so, didn't find any suspicious things and emailed them back with pictures attached. I did this 2 or 3 times but never heard anything from them again.

WTF?

Does anyone know a smart person at Rocktron? Or a german/european repair service? Or is somebody interested in a just-slightly-fucked-up Vooduvalve?

Thanks.