anyone familiar with British band ARENA?

I have about four of their songs on mp3, from various sources. Mostly from a friend of mine who really digs them. I'd say it's a lot closer to prog rock than it is prog metal, although they do rock out briefly in places. From what I've heard, the songwriting is fantastic. It's heavily doused in keyboards, as most prog-rock is and has heavy old-school british influences such as Marillion (their ex-drummer founded the band I think) and Yes.

I think this is right up your alley, Soundmaster. My friend told me to start with Contagion, but that was before the new one came out. I haven't spoken with him about Arena since Pepper's Ghost came out so I don't know his feelings on that one.

NP: Demon - British Standard Approved

As TSO said Arena don't play prog metal, it's more like a heavier version of Marillion as you can feel a typical british prog rock spirit in their music.
Their "problem", if it can be called a problem, is that sometimes they're too heavy for prog rock fans and not enough metal for prog metal fans. They're somewhere in between and that's one of the things that makes them special.

Anyway, The Visitor and Contagion are 2 awesome discs you can look for! Featuring different singers though.

I heard a couple of songs and didn't got interested, then again I'm not interested in Marillion either. Clive Nolan the keyboardist is very talented and I enjoyed his album with Oliver Wakeman a lot.