Anyone from London or from the outskirts

Aug 16, 2008
London, UK
fb.com
Ok, so I'm moving to London in 14th of September. I was planning on studying at Alchemea, but seriously? That shit ain't worth the 11000£, wouldn't learn anything new and my parents finances aren't in very good shape right now... The thing is I signed a contract with both of my friends to pay rent for a flat for 9 months... so I'm going anyway but instead I'm going to work and start saving up some money. I'd like to know if anyone from here has a studio and needs an assistant or someone to work with. If there isn't any, if anyone could give me pointers on helping me get a job so I can start saving up and later on the road build my studio. I'm not sure if I'm gonna stay there after the 9 months, if I feel comfortable living there I'll definitely stay.

So yeah.. that's about it..

Cheers :)

Welp... don't be too proud to work a shit job for a while. London's pretty dry on work at the moment; I've got friends who have degrees who can't even get decent jobs.

Sure, if I can't get anything better I'll work a shitty job obviously. But if I could find something better and in my area it'd obviously be a plus, it doesn't hurt asking

There is a place down Curtain Road, in Shoreditch, called The Strongroom. There are some studios there. Try them; might have something going.

Sorry to revive this thread. I arrived in London with my mates on Monday. I still haven't got internet neither my PC and my stuff have arrived, so I/m typing this in a shitty cybercafe. Im living in Islington, 20 min walk to Angel Tube Station. Anyone knows any studio, basically anywhere!! that I could give my CV as well as "portfolio"? I really wanna try getting a job in this, if not, then it's off to StarSchmucks or some shit like that to aggregate some money so ultimately I can start my own business. If anyone knows please do tell, so I may start looking for a job around here.