Anyone getting any good pop tones with POD?

Tommy Evans

Jul 19, 2011
Colorado Springs, Colorado
I plan on doing a pop punk style EP soon and am looking for some good tones like The Summer Set, Paramore, Artist vs. Poet. Some feel good pop tones ya know? Hopefully you guys can give me a headstart on how to go about this before I open up my POD later tonight. Thanks in advance.

i recently got a pod hd pro (rack) and i'm getting some really great amp tones with the hiwatt-100 and marshall-jcm800 (cab off) going into an orange 4x12 miked with off axis (modded) 57 and parallel royer 121 (chandler pres) with some outboard equalization.

the guitar obviously plays a huge role in the tone, so anything by fender will help but a custom thinline (style) will own!

^^Really want to try out the POD HD Pro, but I've never been a fan of Pod tones. At all.

But yea. Guitar plays a huge part.
Les Paul is also a pretty good option.

This thread wouldn't be complete without someone mentioning how important the phat thumpin bass is.

And yea +1 to everything said already. I tried to record some poppy stuff (like PTV) with a Damien with active emgs and it just wasn't right! :(
Then I went with my buddy's cheap like squire tele and even that sounded loads better.