Anyone going to see the Rush documentary?

Melisan

Nov 13, 2002
Visit site
http://www.rushbeyondthelightedstagemovie.com/

This documentary is from the same guys who did "Flight 666" and "A Headbanger's Journey." I have to wait until Tuesday, and then I'd have to go to San Jose to see it. But it plays tonight in Buena Park and LA.

People who've seen it say it's incredible, and that Peart opens up for the first time about losing his whole family 12 years ago. That alone is worth the price of admission in my book.

Can't wait for the tour. THe new songs are great, especially "Caravan."

I'd like to go but it's not playing anywhere in my state Mississippi. I understand it's on VH1 Classic on the 26th and in the stores in the 29th so I will be on it then! LOVE Rush!

Dammit! I'm seeing this thread on Sunday the 13th at 8:23 pm, and I see the showing in Buena Park started at 7. :erk: Yeah, I'd obviously love to see this, too.

Is it airing more than once?

Apologies... I should have posted this yesterday. But it's playing on the 19th, next Saturday, at Mann's Chinese.

So, anyone watch it on Palladia or VH1? Not bad. First time Sam has not narrated a docu in voiceover. And it's funny to hear all these musicians mispronouncing Neil's name.

Saw it this past Saturday on VH1C. Very well done. A lot of very interesting moments from Neil Peart's personal tragedies, to Rush trying to figure out their identity, to the personalities of the band members themselves. They're like brilliant musical nerds. I like 'em though.

I couldn't stand Jack Black. Billy Corigan was a surprise. Why the hell they had Commerford from RATM is beyond me. And I couldn't get over all the people mispronouncing Neil's surname. :)

BTW, here is the set list for their tour:

SET 1
THE SPIRIT OF RADIO
TIME STAND STILL
PRESTO
STICK IT OUT
WORKIN' THEM ANGELS
LEAVE THAT THING ALONE
FAITHLESS
BU2B
FREE WILL
MARATHON
SUBDIVISIONS

SET 2
TOM SAWYER
RED BARCHETTA
YYZ
LIMELIGHT
CAMERA EYE
WITCH HUNT
VITAL SIGNS
CARAVAN
LOVE 4 SALE
CLOSER TO THE HEART
2112 OVERTURE / TEMPLES
FAR CRY

ENCORE
LA VILLA STRANGIATO
WORKING MAN

It's mispronounced "Pert," like the shampoo.

Proper pronounciation is "Peert," similar to "pierce" or "peer."

I don't have a GD clue how to pronounce Alex Lifeson's real name (Aleksandar Živojinović)

I don't have a GD clue how to pronounce Alex Lifeson's real name (Aleksandar Živojinović)

I have never heard of that shampoo (Brit in the house! :lol: ) but I've been pronouncing it correctly so yay me! :D Thanks!

Hahah, I wouldn't even attempt it! Russian by any chance?? :loco:

First name is pronounced the same as Alexander, last name ZEE-vuh-YEE-nuh-vich. It's Serbian, his family came from Yugoslavia.

I have never heard of that shampoo (Brit in the house! :lol: ) but I've been pronouncing it correctly so yay me! :D Thanks!

Heh I'd hope you'd pronounce it right, since he's Scottish like you.

First name is pronounced the same as Alexander, last name ZEE-vuh-YEE-nuh-vich. It's Serbian, his family came from Yugoslavia.

Interesting. I know his stage name is a literal translation of his surname. His family name translates to "Son of Life."

So, is anyone gonna catch them in Irvine or LA? I took too long to get my ticket at Shoreline here in SF and all I could get was a lawn seat. Incredible. Every other tour is being cut back or cancelled and good old Rush still sell out.

So, is anyone gonna catch them in Irvine or LA? I took too long to get my ticket at Shoreline here in SF and all I could get was a lawn seat. Incredible. Every other tour is being cut back or cancelled and good old Rush still sell out.

I'd like to see them @ Irvine. Tried Ticketmaster for lawn tickets last week, but none came up. Found ticket brokers with lawn seats online for $65. :(