Anyone going to the festival from MA?

metalanarchist

New Metal Member
May 13, 2008
Hello all,

I posted a message like this a couple of months ago and couldn't find any locals from the New England area heading down by car. I'm looking for a last-minute possibility to hook up with someone driving down to Atlanta and back... will pay for gas, tolls. I'm in Amherst, MA... could meet you somewhere more convenient in the area if necessary. Let me know ASAP... I have been trying to sell my tickets, but have had no takers, and would much rather go to the festival if I could!

Thanks,
Metalanarchist / Vincent

I know there are a few drivers up this ways but the closest I really know about is someone out of NYC who rarely posts here. I've no clue if he's even going this year or is driving if he is.

I'm out of MA, but unfortunately, I'm flying. And not only that, but I'm headed to Tampa first...

I know a few other people going from here, but they're all flying, too...

Good luck finding somebody, though! I'll ask around...

We might be a bit too far, but we are driving from Baltimore, MD and leaving on Tuesday night after the Helloween and Gamma Ray show here at Ram's Head Live.

I'll talk to the guys in my group and see if they'd mind an extra head in the van we are renting. Only problem might be that I think our room at the Granada is full already for sleeping space with four of us. Did you have plans for a hotel or are you playing that by ear right now?

Hi BlackRoseMetalHeart,

Wow, thanks for the offer! But I think having to spend the whole week on the road (getting down to Baltimore on Tuesday and not returning until after the festival on the following Monday) would be just too long of a trip for me, with too many nights at the hotel needing to be paid for. (I had a reservation for Friday and Saturday, then released it when it seemed I wouldn't be going. I am winging it right now and will make new arrangements if I can find a solid ride.) So I think your van is a bit of a stretch for me. It was really cool of you to propose it though. Enjoy the concert!