anyone have any good cymbal samples?

BLOODROOT

Sep 30, 2007
I have Slate3.5 and all the cymbals are horrid. they make your recordings sound like a cheap drum machine.I have the original dfh and the cymbals on it are much better but the crashes and chinas sometimes are kinda eh. I dont want to have to buy superior 2 if I dont have to. but it is looking that way. anyone have any good crash and china samples? I could go to zildjians site and download their samples but those sound spot recorded too.

IMO, you can have the greatest cymbal samples in the world, but if you don't know how to program them to have a human feel, they will all sound like a cheap drum machine. I know there's a good amount of criticism about the slate cymbals, but I haven't had too much trouble getting them to sound natural.

IMO, you can have the greatest cymbal samples in the world, but if you don't know how to program them to have a human feel, they will all sound like a cheap drum machine. I know there's a good amount of criticism about the slate cymbals, but I haven't had too much trouble getting them to sound natural.

hmm. I listened to every mp3 on his forum and every song had great sounds except the cymbals. all sound horrible. i understand that some of it may be lack of genius engineering but they should sound good out of the box, one would think. you cant polish a turd. toontrax cymbals sound really good but missing something. perhaps i will have to spend the money on superior 2 but i was hoping for a less expensive resolution.

Thanks for reminding me of that Maamar, I just repacked the files into one single rar file and I'm currently uploading it to DropBox. Updated the signature so people can choose if they want to pick and download the cymbals they like from MediaFire, or simply download the whole big pack from DropBox for easy access.

:)