Anyone have the TRIGGER 1.62 OS X installer?

JeffTD

Senhor Testiculo
Sep 29, 2004
Los Angeles, CA
www.jeffdunne.com
The new visual representation of the waveforms/detail knob sucks ass and all Slate support can tell me is that "1.64 allows you to zoom in." I don't have an installer fo the 1.62 anymore - if anyone has this for OS X, please PM me.

No, this isn't piracy - I've tried to de-iLok my own Trigger installation because I hate carrying that little dongle around, but it doesn't trigger properly or load TCI's after that, so it's not like I'm going to be trying to de-iLok this installer. I just want the old visualizer back.

1.64 added some zooming feature to the 1.63 visualizer change (in addition to a "major update of triggering engine" which I didn't notice at all), and they told me to make sure I was using 1.64 and that the zoom feature solved it... definitely did not. based on that I'm not sure there's any plans to revert to the old visualizer.

It shows both sides of the waveform instead of just 1, and even with the 3x zoom function in 1.64, you can't see the transient against the noise floor as well.

The only reason I can think of them changing it is due to some kind of cease/desist order or lawsuit from drumagog, seeing as their display is almost identical to the old one.

The new Trigger display looks like a super shitty version of Drumtracker, more or less.

personally, with the zoom in in 1.64, I can see a flea fart within the waveform.. I'm sorry you don't like it Jeff. Having said that, we've had a majority of positive reviews on the newer waveform display and especially the zoom feature. Glad you got 1.63 and are happy.

I just don't understand why it was unexplainably changed and why there's no option to change back, and then why I basically had to get someone else to break your EULA and share an installer with me to get it back to where I wanted? The dude I first was in contact with @ support told me adamantly 2-3 times that the GUI had not changed at all before forwarding my message on to Alex.