Anyone heard of this guy from steven slate forum? (Orchestral Metal)

MetalMiller

¯\(°_o)/¯
Jul 12, 2008
Hesse Germany
www.youtube.com
Found the most awesome orchestral metal clip i´ve ever heard. I wonder who this guy is, cuase all his tracks are absolutely amazing. One clip is even mastered by mr. slate himself. After searching all i know is that he uses axe-fx and ssd of course. Anyone got any info about him? The clips can be found here:

The last clip Inward Bound is the best imho!

http://www.stevenslatedrums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1420

The clips are awesome. I summon thee... to ask him some questions about the orchestral stuff

Thanks guys!

"Inward Bound" (written by:Mark Moore (Me) and Scott Reinwand) is actually a live orchestra.

"Fall From Grace" (Mark Moore and Rhett Nelson) is also a live orchestra and choir. I wish the guitars were louder on this one but it wasn't my call.

The rest are in the infancy stage - kinda like "works in progress". Finalizing them now and live strings are going down next Thursday.

Thanks a lot guys! I truly appreciate the comments.

Take care,

Mark

Great to hear from you, i´m really impressed by your stuff! You say live Orch. was used, but i think a lot of sampling is going on. Espacially the brass on Inward Bound are badass. Can you tell me what samples/libraries you´ve used for brass and percussion loops. Thanks, and keep up the good work:headbang:

Just listened to Inward Bound and I barely noticed guitars were present until the orchestra stopped! :D The guitars are REALLY scooped and I understand this style might call for that with all the orchestral stuff going on but... I don't think a little more mids would've hurt really.

Other than that, pretty f**king brilliant! You are great at songwriting and that is far more important than fixing up small mix issues.

hey, the summon worked!

+1 on the details on the orchestra, any samples used? post-processing?

Great tunes man

Thanks guys!

"Inward Bound" (written by:Mark Moore (Me) and Scott Reinwand) is actually a live orchestra.

"Fall From Grace" (Mark Moore and Rhett Nelson) is also a live orchestra and choir. I wish the guitars were louder on this one but it wasn't my call.

The rest are in the infancy stage - kinda like "works in progress". Finalizing them now and live strings are going down next Thursday.

Thanks a lot guys! I truly appreciate the comments.

Take care,

Mark

Welcome to the forum Mark!

Great stuff as always! :headbang:

We'd have to get Scott Reinwand in here to address the "Brass" and that stuff ("Inward Bound" was a 50/50 song between him and I). The dude's just amazing at what he does. It's an honor to write music with him. Hopefully he chimes in here.

This was all mixed in SLC and I wasn't there unfortunately (I wanted to be but couldn't swing it)... they did a great job overall.

I know for sure the the Strings and Choir are live for "Fall From Grace" and Strings for "Inward Bound" are live as well.

Thanks again guys! Glad you dig it...

Mark

EDIT: Sorry, as for the other stuff (that aren't those 2 songs) it's just SSD, VSL Chamber, Omnisphere, Stylus stuff. Pretty basic.

Shit man, no problem. More importantly - Thanks for listening! Really appreciate the feedback man! Truly, thank you. It means a lot.

Mark

Funky - replied and thanks once again!

Brady - thank you very much. The strings for that tune are going down this thursday. Hopefully all goes well (granted I didn't screw the charts up too bad - ha!). Glad you dig it and I'll post more as soon as they are completed. There are a bunch from the "action" stuff (Inward Bound, Victory, etc.) that we are just waiting on the mastering so I'll post some of them as well. Thanks again dude - much appreciated!

Take care,

Mark

shit man...victory was AWE-FKING-SOME!
man.. feel like covering this..that awesome!!
really, man.. mad props.