Anyone heard the new 36 Crazy Fist?

Yea its hard to really get into sound cause of myspace. I just love the song itself though! Probably listened to that and Testaments new one like 30 times todaay!

Pretty cool song I think, not my favorite 36 Crazyfists song though. I'm not really liking the unsampled snare sound, though... Sounds too sissy.

seems like a watered down, repetition of the same formula and theres only like 2 or 3 parts that get repeated over and over. hope the rest of the album is better cause that song is boring and predictable. what a shame 36cf is a great band

*edit....

after listening to it a couple times now, I think its a little better than I initially thought. Kinda grows on you a few times arounds. I like the southern style riffs. Pretty damn good mix too....of course.

Though I still think they are far from as good as they were in Snowcapped.

well the band wanted a smaller poppier drum sound, which personally I think works for them. I like it, think its a good album too. I initially started off going for a bigger approach on the kit, both work but this is more where the band were coming from.

I cant wait for this album, have been waiting soo long! The song on myspace is great, straight up 36 crazyfists! Great job by Andy of course! :) Cant get enough of this band.

Thanks for the info Andy, keep up the good work, you certainly inspire me to become a better AE. Awesome stuff!

well the band wanted a smaller poppier drum sound, which personally I think works for them. I like it, think its a good album too. I initially started off going for a bigger approach on the kit, both work but this is more where the band were coming from.

Andy, what amp was used on this album? Thanks for your time.

Hey Andy, didn't expect you'd be reading this thread!

I recall reading a thread a while ago where you had mentioned that the band specifically requested a non-sampled snare on "A Snow Capped Romance", so I figured it was the case this time around as well. I don't mean to say that you made a poor engineering decision or anything with the snare sound on this new one...I just have a liking for fatter sounding snares! 36 Crazyfists' drummer does tend to play a lot of snappier, shorter, quicker fills and beats, and their music isn't really that heavy overall anyway...so I do agree that they, more than a lot of bands, can get away with a "poppier" drum sound.