Anyone Here Into Amon Amarth?

5thDeadlyVenom

New Metal Member
Oct 22, 2002
Visit site
these guys slay! some of the best melodies ive heard....intense shit that always fires me up....avenger, the last with pagan blood, bleed for ancient gods, dragon's flight, and amon amarth are some of my favorite songs...anyone here the new record Verses the World? how is it? what other bands would you reccomend?

Amon Amarth kick massive ass. I have ''the crusher'', ''Once Sent from the Golden Hall'' and their new one "Versus the world" they all kick ass...the new one is the best IMO

I've heard like 4 songs by them, and they all kick ass.. I've been meaning to get my hands on Once Sent... for a while, but it's kinda hard for me to find... I LOVE the song Victorious March... I can't help but feel good while listening to that song... DIE CHRISTIAN SCUM!!!!!

I've got all of their albums from the Sorrow... MCD (I also have the 500 copies limited edition pic LP version of that one ;)) to The Crusher. I hope I'll be able to get hold of the limited edition of the new album which comes with a bonus CD. Well, the bonus CD contains the debut MCD (which I already have), a bonus song from the ''Avenger' sessions called "Thor Arise" (my copy of The Avenger already had that one too :p ) and one (or two) demos from the time when they didn't have a record-deal...those demos are reason enough to get it for me...

BTW: I didn't like "The Crusher" as much as the previous albums, although one song from it (can't remember the name now) is one of my favourite AA songs. But I already read that the new album is better than T.C. ...

I also have all of their albums... IMO the best one is "Once Sent From..", but they all rule... "Vs. The World" is a bit more deathmetal according to the vocals, but of course it´s still good old Amon Amarth. The sound is also better, and especially the drums has evolved a good sound.

I did some studioreports of AA in connection with "Versus the World", and they are really some cool guys. And yes, they destroyed Wacken as well...

@Nico16 - I can second your oppinions of "The Crusher", and I think the title of one of you fav.tracks is "Masters Of War" (The opening song on Wacken too) or "Risen From The Sea 2000" which both are killers!!!

NP - Trail Of Tears - "Liquid View"

AMON AMARTH IT'S GREAT
headbob.gif
headbob.gif
headbob.gif