Anyone here likes Newsted album?

Wyvern

Master of Disaster
Staff member
Nov 24, 2002
OK, I agree the voice of Jason is terrible, but after a few passes one gets use to it, so besides that is a nice album.

I have seen people trashing it because the name, because he is not thrash enough, because it's too thrash for the name :err:, etc. But I believe:

a) it is not bad and really sticks to the fact that is heavy metal.
b) the guitar work of Mike Mushok and Jesse Farnsworth is very good, well crafted, nice solos, old school mind.
c) it is better than anything Metallica has done since 1989.

It's not going to hit the top ten thus year for me, but surely hits harder than some more known bands.

Recommended song: 'Long Time Dead'

I love the guy regardless. Newstead just loves playing music....ever enthusiastic, puts 100% into whatever he does, even if people don't like it, or care. He's grateful that he can do what he loves, and make money too. And you know he'd still do it for no money.

I love the guy regardless. Newstead just loves playing music....ever enthusiastic, puts 100% into whatever he does, even if people don't like it, or care. He's grateful that he can do what he loves, and make money too. And you know he'd still do it for no money.

Thats what makes Jason so great. He is a fan of metal and is doing what he loves. Great to see him gain some solo success and release a very solid album in my opinion.

The album has grown exponentially with me since my original post, still can't go into the top 10 because of so much great music this year, but it's going up for sure.