Anyone here see "Kill Bill: Vol 1" yet?

Wraithchild

Jun 26, 2003
Somewhere in Arizona
Visit site
I absolutely loved it! Although, this movie definitely isn't for everyone. You would have to like ultra-violent (very gory), martial arts/revenge-type flicks to appreciate it.

The martial arts and special effects were extremely well done in this film, and make The Matrix: Reloaded fight scenes look like they were choreographed by jr. high school students.

Also, Quentin Tarintino, once again, heavily borrows from other films, but he ends up creating a very fun, unique, action-packed movie. I highly recommend Kill Bill for those who enjoy this type of genre!

Keyser, I know you are going to see this one. :)

i love all Tarintino flix but i have not had the time to peep this out yet but i will and thanx for the review!

as for me i like the grappling h2h fighting rather then high flying kicks, fighting like you see in The Hunted with Tommy lee Jones...good flick! Knife fighting and heavy swords turn me on too, Conan type shit ya follow?

and Light sabres have been known to make me scream WOO WOO WOSH..SCREEECTCCHHH!

i know.....what a dork huh?! hehehe!

Wraithchild said:
Quentin Tarintino, once again, heavily borrows from other films :)
One of those films he borrows from is MASTER OF THE FLYING GUILLOTINE, which the company I work for distributes.

I like KILL BILL VOL. 1, but I'll reserve my full judgement until I see Volume II next year.

shadow walker said:
i love all Tarintino flix but i have not had the time to peep this out yet but i will and thanx for the review!

as for me i like the grappling h2h fighting rather then high flying kicks, fighting like you see in The Hunted with Tommy lee Jones...good flick! Knife fighting and heavy swords turn me on too, Conan type shit ya follow?

and Light sabres have been known to make me scream WOO WOO WOSH..SCREEECTCCHHH!

i know.....what a dork huh?! hehehe!

I saw The Hunted...
It was directed by the same guy that did The French Connection, William Friedkin (he also directed The Exorcist, by the way), and you can tell... because the most exciting scene of the movie is the chase scene... he borrowed a lot from that movie...
I am looking forward to the next Tommy Lee Jones flick, The Missing, with Cate Blanchett, due out before the end of the year... finally a flick in which he's not chasing anyone... I hope...
Speaking of light sabres... anyone else think George Lucas is senile? There was a screening of the original Star Wars at the Guild (I think) recently, and Lucas won't let them show the original version... only the ruined "Special Edition"... what a loon

Keyser Soze said:
Speaking of light sabres... anyone else think George Lucas is senile? There was a screening of the original Star Wars at the Guild (I think) recently, and Lucas won't let them show the original version... only the ruined "Special Edition"... what a loon

I have no doubt that Mr. Lucas is senile and has lost touch with his fanbase. I cringe everytime I have to watch the added A New Hope: Special Edition footage of Han and Jabba the Hut in the spaceport in Mos Eisley (Jabba was not proportioned correctly, the slapstick tail-stepping gag didn't work, and why would Jabba, the ruler of Tatooine, personally pursue Han for chump change?), and the way he altered the scene in which Han orginally blows Greedo away in the cantina, but it is made to look like Greedo fires first and misses Han at point blank range, then Han fires back.

Lucas is very opposed to including the orignal versions of Star Wars 4,5,6 with the upcoming DVD releases. For the life of me I cannot understand why Lucas wants to rob his older fans of the orignal versions they grew up with and loved in the theaters.

Heh, did you read about Lucas wanting to add in Princess Amidala as a Jedi ghost along with Obi Wan, Anakin, and Yoda at the end of Return of the Jedi? It wouldn't surprise me if Lucas also edited out all of the Ewoks in the Battle of Endor and changed to Gungans because "it was what he orignally envisioned, but could technically do at the time RotJ was filmed." :(

on the star wars tip..all i know is that they better have boku duels in episode 3 Revenge of the sith i hear its called...i expected more in ep 2 but the yoda scene had me cheering. The anikin/ obi-wan fight should be good as long as lucas dosnt puss it up to much...i hear all but anikins body is gone except for his head and spinal column..which you dont know what to believe but lets face it, its gonna have to be a really bad injury ah?

and hunting down and killing all the jedi should be tits!

and yes im sure lucas rubbs ice cream on his balls and sing Hanson songs in the shower...how else could he come up with all this??????