Anyone like Ice Age?

Alexander TG

The literate drummer
Mar 23, 2003
E. London
Visit site
I have two albums from these guys and I think they are totally jammin.
The guitarist Jimmy Pappas is one of the best guitarist I've ever heard and the keyboards are nothing short of magic, really original, surely this is every prog metal fans dream but I never really hear them mentioned.

Get these two albums :

The Great Divide
Liberation

you'll not be disappointed

The band isnt too bad, i liked a few songs.

They have a new cd coming out, but from the soundclips, I dont like the musical direction they seem to be taking

For the first time listen they were quite good to me, but after a couple of listens it seemed less original with each listen, as if it had already been played by another band

I own Liberation, and it is an okay album. They`re strong musicians, and the material is good for what it is: rehashed neo-prog. What I don`t like is their sound: too much space, over-compressed and clinical. Pappas annoys the fuck out of me some times, and Piscus could do well in using other sounds.

Btw, their current drummer is 12 years old or something. Check their website...

I have The Great Divide but I only really enjoy half of the album, the other half is OK, so I didn't bother getting Liberation. I have downloaded the samples off their website and it could take some getting used to. They want to take a stripped down rock/metal approach to appeal to more fans. Their new drummer is 15!

Yeah I saw that 15 year old drummer jibe, can't say I'm impressed, some little snotty nosed young prodigy with a bunch of seasoned, experienced musicians? I hope Josh doesn't mind nappy changing the little squirt.

I think they've ditched their prog metal routes, shame they had massive potential in that area, they are much more melodically accomplished than say Dream Theater.

For me the keyboard were the strongest part of their music, the new stiff looks like hard-edged riff based metal which will not suit them. I hope it works out for them.