Anyone like Soilwork??

timmyc

Dec 16, 2002
I didn't know much about them until I saw them here last year with Anthrax and Killswitch Engage.

They ran a very distant 3rd that night behind KSE who ran a very distant 2nd behind the mighty Anthrax - most of the crowds and reviews of those shows I have since read seemed to agree.

But I just got their last record Stabbing the Drama a few weeks ago and I gotta say I am blown away by it...... has anyone else given them a listen????

I love Soilwork, but I think Stabbing the Drama was an uninspired effort from them. There are good songs on that album though. If you like that, definitely get Natural Born Chaos and Figure Number Five. You should also check out a band called Scar Symmetry. They use the same formula as Soilwork and do it very well. They released an album this year called Symmetric in Design that I think blows away Stabbing the Drama.

Tonight at the Pound in San Francisco

Thursday, Apr 14th 8:00pm doors open: 7 PM
On-Line Box Office Closed
(an insipid production)

Soilwork
Dark Tranquility
Hypocrisy
Mnemic
ADVANCE SALES HAVE STOPPED- THERE WILL BE TIX AVAILABLE AT THE DOOR! ALL AGES/ NO INS AND OUTS

I haven't heard much recorded stuff of either of the bands that supported Anthrax when they came out last year but I thought they were both terrible live.

timmyc said:
I didn't know much about them until I saw them here last year with Anthrax and Killswitch Engage.

They ran a very distant 3rd that night behind KSE who ran a very distant 2nd behind the mighty Anthrax - most of the crowds and reviews of those shows I have since read seemed to agree.

But I just got their last record Stabbing the Drama a few weeks ago and I gotta say I am blown away by it...... has anyone else given them a listen????

Yer, they were ok, nothing that sticks in my memory mind you.

The bass player of Soilwork wore a Motley Crue T-Shirt in the Adeladie concert - I thought that was a little weird, but to each his own.

I wouldn't turn up to an Anthrax concert myself with say, a Bon Jovi T-Shirt.

Just an observation, that's all..........

Onslaught said:
I like the first album, the rest is like In Flames and I don't like. Darkane is a much better band to me. But all this bands are nothing... the best is AT THE GATES! :headbang: :kickass:

slaugher of the soul=overrated cd and unfortunately the blue print for all the idiotic metalcore bands out there thinking they are swedish.:Smug:

ill give you guys a little mini review...saw soilwork a week back at HOB chicago...they were handing out free tickets at a few stores on belmont, which turned out to be really cool cause A. I have most of the soilwork albums B. I didnt know they were coming to town and C. they were free. So I went to see this band I have been very much a fan of. friends of mine have told me theyre not that good live, so I was curious. As for theyre playing, they were right on the money. However, the sound at that show was the worst ive ever heard at the house of blues. couldnt hear the guitars or vocals at all, it was all bass and drums. I dont know if the bass amp was getting feedback or if was just really loud but there was a nasty shit-sounding roar coming out for a few of the songs. Also, the singer and bass player act like fags on stage. it wasnt anything in particular, they just generally looked stupid. It was overall a disappointing performance but I would give them a second shot because I love the music.