anyone needs FOH sound guy for 2011?

xconnyx

www.iheartsound.com
May 30, 2007
germany/bielefeld
www.iheartsound.com
So, as for the fact that my "main-band" unfortunately is not playing any festivals this year and i have too much free time in summer.. so I'm now promoting my live-engineering in this forum.

As you may know I'm a live engineer for years now. Have done loads of shows all over Europe in the past years, too many to count.

this is what i would work for:
- tours between 2 weeks and 1 year long.
- festival-leg-tour would be alright as well, including fly-ins
- nightliner and van tours, both alright for me
- full production (pa & foh provided by band) is ok too, but i will mainly care about FOH and not about rigging up a line array.
- band should have a management, booking agency or similar to control the money related things.
- venue sizes between 400 and 20000.
- depending on tour length an adequate payment in advance, which can go up to 50% for a tour of 6 weeks

this is what i can offer:
- quality front of house sound for any kind of music (metal, swing, acoustic, rock, pop…) and any kind of venue/festival size, don't be afraid to ask if your a synth-pop band for some reason.
- experience in touring all over Europe and the big European festivals
- provide mics for the whole band
- design techriders
- for "smaller" tours i can do tour managing as well
- if you want to play USA, Australia, Japan, Russia, … I would be alright with that as well, but your agency has to care about visas and work permits.
- i have experience in dealing with officials and different volume laws in Europe...

festivals i have mixed in the last years:
2010 Hellfest, France - Terrorizer Tent
2010 Highfield Festival, Germany - Main Stage
2010 Frequency Festival, Austria - Weekender Stage
2010 Dranouter Festival, Belgium - Main Stage
2010 M'era Luna Festival, Germany - Main Stage
2010 Zürich Open Air, Switzerland - Second Main Stage
2010 Two Days A Week Festival, Austria - Main Stage
2009 Sziget, Hungry - MTV Rock Stage
2009 Pukkelpop, Belgium - Marquee Tent
2009 Iday Urban Festival, Italy - Main Stage
2009 Moon and Stars, Switzerland - Main Stage

I have toured with:
Mondo Generator (Nick Oliveri / Kyuss), Place of Skulls (Victor Griffin / Pentagram), Cherry Poppin Daddies, Gates of Slumber, Expatriate (as support for Placebo), …

I worked with (on local productions, workfield: mixing Foh (no Soundguy on the tour) or System/Foh Tech/Local Tech:
Callejon, Gwar, Bohren und der Club of Gore, Have Heart, Wolves in the Throne Room, Horse the Band, Graf Orlock, Sodom, Legoin of the Damned, PAK, Aki Takase, Rotterdam Ska Jazz Foundation, Dune, ...

As Festivals Stage Manager I worked with:
Soulfly, Down, Static X, Anthrax, Donots, H-Blockx, Bloodhound Gang, God Forbid, Neaera, Millencollin, Disco, Ensemble, ...

this is what i won't do:
- driving. how ever, if the van ride is safe (not totally overloaded…) i can take over driving for long distance runs or in case somebody gets ill. everything over 600km is considered a long distance.
- selling merchandise
- rig up backline and stuff like that, how ever help loading in/out is part of my job.

about me:
- 28 years old, from germany, male
- english almost perfect
- german native
- business license, so everything with proper invoicing no illegal money transactions
- see a full vita on my web page: www.iheartsound.com including details on sound education and recent touring
- don't do drugs, yes i do drink, but i'm pretty straight forward in getting the job done first and then have a beer if there is time for it.

please see contact on www.iheartsound.com or send me a pm. serious offers only. i make my living from doing FOH - i wont work for free.

This might seem like a weird question, but why don't you "do" backline?

Surely as FOH engineer you want to be involved in some way or other with the setting up and preparation of the stage?

if you would work for food on a tour with a bigger name we may be interested.
we definately cannot offer any money. but if you are interested pm me.

This might seem like a weird question, but why don't you "do" backline?

Surely as FOH engineer you want to be involved in some way or other with the setting up and preparation of the stage?

well. yes and no :D

usually a part of my job is also optimizing a stage/band setup sound wise. to get best front and monitor sound possible. as well as placing mics, tuning drums, ...stuff you would do in a studio situation to get a good sound.

what i mean is; i don't do the work of a backline technician, who prepares the stage while the band is still sleeping in the bus. i use the time i have to optimize pa and preparing the desk for the show.

if you would work for food on a tour with a bigger name we may be interested.
we definately cannot offer any money. but if you are interested pm me.

No good FOH guy is gonna work for food. Just sayin. By the looks of his resume he's not doing this for the experience...

No good FOH guy is gonna work for food. Just sayin. By the looks of his resume he's not doing this for the experience...

correct

btw, this is me working:
expatbo.jpg

Sehr cool ,warst du schoneinmal mit einer Produktion in Neubrandenburg? Konzertkirche, Jahnsportforum, Stadthalle oder so?
Kommst mir auf dme Foto irgendwie bekannt vor, aber ich sehe da halt jede Woche neue Leute.

Sehr cool ,warst du schoneinmal mit einer Produktion in Neubrandenburg? Konzertkirche, Jahnsportforum, Stadthalle oder so?
Kommst mir auf dme Foto irgendwie bekannt vor, aber ich sehe da halt jede Woche neue Leute.

nope. i guess i havn't been there so far.

but i did mix this show, someone took 2 nice videos (cam sound though... but still good.)

mondo generator @ hell fest 2010 terrorizer stage in france (nick olivieri ex queens of the stone age & kyuss)

Last edited by a moderator: