Anyone up to mix sludge/black/whatever track?

Here is my mix. Revalver IV RIR2 demo testing, some bips could be heared. No volume or pan automation. Just quick mix.
I think your drums don't fit well the guitars, or the style: too much snare hits, too much double kick....But it's just my opinion :lol:
What preamp did you use for the guitars? Sounds nice.
Oh, and your electronic drum? is a bit fucked up, the midi is full of double hits, mainly in the kick and I have had to edit a lot.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for mixes!
I like drums sound for both mixes, what did you guys use for samples? How much of it is raw samples and how much did you tweak?

As for guitars:
Pevanii - it sounds to me like you did not put any plugins on the tracks?
FF666 - I hear some plugins on one guitar but second guitar track seems to be raw (at least in moments where it is on it's own i.e. 3.49-3.55)
and to answer you both - all guitar/bass tracks were recorded through cubase by plugging my guitar/bass into mic input of my generic laptop sound card - no magic here..

And drums - it's just Drumkit From Hell..

Snare, kick and toms are a mix between alesis d4 and an old superior drummer kit. Cymbals are from an old slate kit.
All raw, excepting small eq attenuations.
All the guitars in my mix are treated with cab simulation, I know in that solo part sound a bit weird, but I can't change the sound of your distorted guitars. It would need a bit more of distortion in that part.
And about your guitars, as I say, they come with distortion but without cab simulation in the download file. What plugin it is? I thought it would be a real preamp. I like it.

thanks for mixes!
I like drums sound for both mixes, what did you guys use for samples? How much of it is raw samples and how much did you tweak?

As for guitars:
Pevanii - it sounds to me like you did not put any plugins on the tracks?
FF666 - I hear some plugins on one guitar but second guitar track seems to be raw (at least in moments where it is on it's own i.e. 3.49-3.55)
and to answer you both - all guitar/bass tracks were recorded through cubase by plugging my guitar/bass into mic input of my generic laptop sound card - no magic here..

And drums - it's just Drumkit From Hell..

I used some delay on the lead track and used some distortion on the bass but that's it. The guitars sound good like that already ;) just needed little eq.

For drums I used face your maker samples by www.seraphrecordings.com

thanks for kind words Lupus1984 :) same as with mixes by Pevanni and FF666, I like drums but miss some magic on guitars (but like how bass sits in your mix) :)

FF666, guitars were recorded straight into cubase sx3 and treated with little equalizer. maybe it's the guitar tone itself that you like so much? it comes from orville by gibson les paul custom from 1989 (awesome guitar! ;)

Would you guys mind sending me just drum track file so I could play with it?

Gonna give this a go but man...if you're gonna provide stems, please make them in a lossless format like wav or flac, not 128kbps mp3s.

EDIT so as not to double-post: Here's my mix. I tried to go for a sort of "Ulcerate/Deathspell Omega on vinyl" feel and may or may not have succeeded.

Last edited by a moderator: