Mix this song for fun!

Your DI sound is really good man! What did u use to get this sound? Pickups? Strings? Thanx

Actually it's kinda funny that you think so. It's a Schecter Hellraiser C-7, stock pups(EMG 707's), pretty old strings, running straight into my PC's line in, no external interface(Hoping to get a new one soon).
BTW Pretty sure I mixed every song you uploaded for mixing practice here, thanks man!

Ultra fuckin mega fast mix: https://db.tt/4MtrfeXT

Great song, man!

Thanks man! Your mix is awesome. A bit bass heavy for my taste, but still tight!

Actually it's kinda funny that you think so. It's a Schecter Hellraiser C-7, stock pups(EMG 707's), pretty old strings, running straight into my PC's line in, no external interface(Hoping to get a new one soon).
BTW Pretty sure I mixed every song you uploaded for mixing practice here, thanks man!

Thanks man! Your mix is awesome. A bit bass heavy for my taste, but still tight!

Thanks man! You make me happy! :rofl:. One question. Due to english isn´t my languaje, "a bit bass heavy for my taste" mean "too much bass/low end"? Because I put lowendder on it and I doubted if it was excessive...
Thanks again and more songs, please \m/

Some awesome mixes so far! :) I had a bit of a go at a headphone mix last night, what do you think? Low-end is probably all over the place since I haven't checked it on speakers yet but ah well!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks man! You make me happy! :rofl:. One question. Due to english isn´t my languaje, "a bit bass heavy for my taste" mean "too much bass/low end"? Because I put lowendder on it and I doubted if it was excessive...
Thanks again and more songs, please m/

Exactly :) I usually tend to avoid using bass enhancers in my mixes, even on single tracks, cause it makes a certain instrument\element more prominent than others, and that is not the point of mixing(unless it's a desired effect). Don't take this for granted, bass enhancers might come in handy at some point, really depends on the mix. Seeing you guys loved the song and had fun mixing it, I'll be giving you more mixing practices. :headbang:

Pretty sweet, man! Those synths weren't there as far as I can remember lol but if you put them in there, work on "downsizing" them. I would love to hear the overheads turned up just a bit, cause I can mostly hear the shells. TIGHT! :D

Sick song, here's my mix, thanks for sharing.
https://soundcloud.com/jenksyo/metal-junkie-untitled

Nice one! Maybe too much cutting in the mids? A bit thin. Work on that :)

Some awesome mixes so far! :) I had a bit of a go at a headphone mix last night, what do you think? Low-end is probably all over the place since I haven't checked it on speakers yet but ah well!

Low end is a bit of a problem, pull the bass guitar fader all the way down, try to get a nice a balance with the guitars and drums, and split the bass to 2-3 tracks(Low end, distortions of any kind you want). After that, try to balance the bass tracks while listening to the mix.

Are you like, limiting your guitars DIs or something?

Simply sick. I really love the way the guitars "bite" you. It's tight! Would love to know what kick and snare samples you used.

Cheers man! Whole thing was their last Metal! kit. Truly awesome stuff in it, although they're quite pre-processed so it takes away a lot of the fun in mixing drums. (like most metal drum libraries do)

Cheers man! Whole thing was their last Metal! kit. Truly awesome stuff in it, although they're quite pre-processed so it takes away a lot of the fun in mixing drums. (like most metal drum libraries do)

Yes I know what you mean, I've been trying to get more natural drum sounds lately.