Anyone using/used TC Electronic Finalizer Express??

acappa

Alex Cappa TMF Studios
Hey people! I´ve the chance of purchaising a 2nd hand TC Electronic Finalizer Express for the half of the price, and I wonder If someone uses/used it.
I need to improve my mastering area in my home studio and I need your opinions cause this is a great chance!
So I appreciate every single comment

I really don't think there are any features Andy is using on the 96k version that you can't get from the Express, although I could be wrong. I'm sure he doesn't upsample for mastering, so the fact it has 96k capability probably means jack. Also, Andy doesn't use stereo widening, so he wouldn't be using that feature. He also stated before that the Finalizer EQ is nothing special (I believe he said it was "ok"). So, I suppose the only real question is whether or not the basic limiting/compression functions are different between the Express and the 96k, when running the 96k at 44.1k. I have a feeling the programming is identical...

Thanks mate, I have the feeling that "something hardware" has more quality than something software, so I´m using Waves for mastering and I am really happy with the results but I search for something that really puts a difference in the way my clips sound...
Here in spain, selling price is around 900€, and this guy is selling it for 400€, so I think I have nothing to lose...
Thanks all of you!

So, I suppose the only real question is whether or not the basic limiting/compression functions are different between the Express and the 96k, when running the 96k at 44.1k. I have a feeling the programming is identical...

I'd imagine so too, thanks for the rundown! (not like there's any chance I'll buy one in the near future with Voxengo Elephant being as awesome as it is, but I always like to know these things!)

Thanks mate, I have the feeling that "something hardware" has more quality than something software

In general I agree with you here, but the Finalizer actually is a digital unit, so even though it's "hardware" in the sense that it's an external box, it's basically just doing software processing inside. That said, the programming in the Finalizer sounds good, and I would encourage you to get one, as I've been happy with my Express.