Anyone wanna give this a whirl? Cuz i've thrown in the towel...

DaveBlack

Apr 7, 2009
"Multitracks" (A song and 3 guitar files): http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5274111/BetterThanIKnowMyselfStems.rar

My last attempt : http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5274111/RichBetterThanMixWAV01292012.wav

Whats up fellas?

My friend is really trying to get his youtube channel going to showcase his playing (he actually gets a nice amount of traffic already) and the latest project was to solo and add rhythm guitars over adam lambert's new song "better than I know myself" (pop music)

I have absolutely given up. I've tried everything but my concern is that there's just no sonic room left in the already mastered song to layer in all this high gain shit. It's obviously give and take because his leads step all over a lot of vocals but either my ears are shot or I just can't get anything to sit right. I'm hoping someone may want to take a shot at it.

Maybe reamp through a nice amp with a nice mic, blah blah and you'll definitely get credit when it's all said and done. Have fun guys. I really hope someone can get something better than I can.

I'm waiting for the shitstorm because the filename is actually "....stems" lol. Not to mention you are technically illegally sharing music and adam lambert is losing so much profit because we were going to buy the cd..... But i dont care about that stuff hahaha. Ill give it a go

@Jrich - but i was careful to say "multitracks" in the beginning of the post lol . Let me know how it turns out man!

@felipex - it's all well and good my friend. They're not edited at all because it was being synced to video. If something is even the slightest bit off, those youtube CSI bastards would be all over it. But I'm sure you mean the actual recording isn't great either. I honestly don't know if it's his guitar or not because I've mixed so much stuff for people but I always have a problem with his guitar specifically. It's an ibanez steve vai but it's noisy as shit. The chain is just guitar right into my saffire.