Anyone want to try mastering my quick mix?????

xmortumx

Jun 17, 2008
Well i spend a couple of hours mixing this song right now(not completely done as you will hear), but i was curious if any of you guys want to take a shot and master it and while your at it criticize my noob mixing lol.

This was all recorded though my firepod and its my FIRST band session so bare with me lol. But what im afraid is that the bass will be a little to weak or out of porption , my monitors(m-audi bx5a's dont give me a lot of bass :zombie:)

PS. This is a WAV. 24 bit file(54mb. yikeso_O) but i figured that in order to master it one can open it in 24bit . please just give it a shot and try to master it, i want to hear how it would sound all polished and loud(not suggestion that by making it loud will make it better.. but you get me:headbang:)

Here's the link: Brutal-mix1.wav - 53.87MB

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=53610cb5eccb60fa4c17ca8801618ef7e04e75f6e8ebb871

It's pretty harsh, kick drum's too loud also.
I'd suggest low-passing the guitars around anywhere from 9khz to 12khz and probably cutting around 5khz aswell.
The drums in general could do with some thickness too.
200-400hz, play around with it.

I'll have another crack at this later, I'm tired and I'm in a rush cos I got college in an hour, but there you go :)

hey dude quick question, what was ur stteing when u mastered it?

What plug ins? Settings?