Anyone who have attended the Scandinavian shows?

Almogaver said:
We the people that haven't gone yet to a show from the Lionheart Tour need more reviews, setlists, photos, information!!! I can't wait.

I went to see Saxon last night at ”Pumpehuset” in Copenhagen and what a show :yow:
I haven’t seen Saxon live since the late 1980’s. Not to worry amigos. Those guys can still kick off a hell of a party :D
At this point I’m not that familiar with all the songs on the new Lionhart album, but I can tell you – that’s going to change! Lionhart is a “must have”.
All on all Saxon kicked off a good variety of new and old songs. And with a show lasting for two hours and fifteen minutes that was quit a few songs I can tell you o_O
If you’re going to see Saxon in the near future, saddle up for the big one. Saxon is still the Rock N’ Roll Gypsies :worship:

I agree I agree woth Almogaver!! Mine gig is next monday, but still I want to know the setlists and everything!! so guys write everything please!!!
And I got a question:
Did you have a some kind of meeting with Saxon before the concert in a music store or something? Cause I`m gonna have one, and I can`t wait!!!!!!!!Biff signing me a CD..... I`m gonna die there for sure :) it will be a very first event like this in my whole life :) but why there are no Saxon T-shirts in Warsaw!!!!! apart from the "Forever free" t-shirt..no patches...no buttons...and how am I supposse to stand next to Biff? I hope he likes Black Sabbath, and won`t be offended :)

Frainbow said:
I agree I agree woth Almogaver!! Mine gig is next monday, but still I want to know the setlists and everything!! so guys write everything please!!!
And I got a question:
Did you have a some kind of meeting with Saxon before the concert in a music store or something? Cause I`m gonna have one, and I can`t wait!!!!!!!!Biff signing me a CD..... I`m gonna die there for sure :) it will be a very first event like this in my whole life :) but why there are no Saxon T-shirts in Warsaw!!!!! apart from the "Forever free" t-shirt..no patches...no buttons...and how am I supposse to stand next to Biff? I hope he likes Black Sabbath, and won`t be offended :)
I want to the Barcelona show next november 6. There won't be a public sesion of signatures with the band but if I go early to the venue maybe I'll have the oportunity to meet the band before/after the soundchecking.

Well, I saw them twice last week here in Sweden. We made a roadtrip down to Gothenburg to see them on tuesday and then back again to Stockholm to see them on wednesday.
The gig in Stockholm was definately the better one. Even if it's always great to see Saxon, the gig in Stockholm was sold out and had a much better response from the audience than the one in Gothenburg. And we all know what that does to the band and especially Biff. In Stockholm he was jumping and bouncing and talking a lot more.

Both times they played five songs from Lionheart (or six if you count The return as a track of it's own). In Gothenburg they played Lionheart, Beyond the grave, To live by the sword, Witchfinder general and Flying on the edge. The same in Stockholm except they exchanged To live by the sword for Searching for Atlantis. In Gothenburg they also played Court of the crimson king which they skipped in Stockholm, to my relief. Instead they played Strong arm and Denim in Stockholm, thank God, which they didn't in Gothenburg.

I can't recall the complete setlists but they played the same number of new ones both times but still they somehow managed to squeeze in all the classics, but Dallas 1pm and The eagle has landed, in Stockholm which made the Stockholm setlist far better even though I would have loved the rest of Lionheart too. Still they played for 2 hours both times and Biff was talking a lot more in Stockholm (which I don't mind at all), don't know how that adds up really.

So, the gig in Stockholm really was awesome and in comparison the one down in Gothenburg was a bit more average but more because of the audience (and maybe the setlist) than the band as we all know what the crowd reaction does to Biff and the boys. For me it's always great to see Saxon no matter what goes on around me.

Patte said:
Well, I saw them twice last week here in Sweden. We made a roadtrip down to Gothenburg to see them on tuesday and then back again to Stockholm to see them on wednesday.
The gig in Stockholm was definately the better one. Even if it's always great to see Saxon, the gig in Stockholm was sold out and had a much better response from the audience than the one in Gothenburg. And we all know what that does to the band and especially Biff. In Stockholm he was jumping and bouncing and talking a lot more.

Both times they played five songs from Lionheart (or six if you count The return as a track of it's own). In Gothenburg they played Lionheart, Beyond the grave, To live by the sword, Witchfinder general and Flying on the edge. The same in Stockholm except they exchanged To live by the sword for Searching for Atlantis. In Gothenburg they also played Court of the crimson king which they skipped in Stockholm, to my relief. Instead they played Strong arm and Denim in Stockholm, thank God, which they didn't in Gothenburg.

I can't recall the complete setlists but they played the same number of new ones both times but still they somehow managed to squeeze in all the classics, but Dallas 1pm, in Stockholm which made the Stockholm setlist far better even though I would have loved the rest of Lionheart too. Still they played for 2 hours both times and Biff was talking a lot more in Stockholm (which I don't mind at all), don't know how that adds up really.

So, the gig in Stockholm really was awesome and in comparison the one down in Gothenburg was a bit more average but more because of the audience (and maybe the setlist) than the band as we all know what the crowd reaction does to Biff and the boys. For me it's always great to see Saxon no matter what goes on around me.
Thanks for the review, Patte. One Saxon show is always great. Two Saxon shows in a row is awesome.