Anyone with any experience with H&K Warp Factor pedal?

Erkan

mr-walker.bandcamp
Jun 16, 2008
Uppsala, Sweden
mr-walker.bandcamp.com
http://www.hughes-and-kettner.com/products.php?mode=tech&id=42&hus=d2b90dde752bfa6871a6a73e02dd507b#

Does anyone have any experience with that pedal? I bought it on an impulse when a local music store had a massive sale... I sort of bought it purely because of the price haha. The normal price in Sweden for that thing is between 1000-1200 SEK, brand new that is, and I got it for 400 which would equal to like almost 40€. No biggie!

So, I gave it a quick try but not enough to really figure out if I should keep it or not so I wonder if anyone else has had any experience with it, and what do you think about it?

I would love to have a convenient way of getting distortion without resorting purely to digital distortion via plugins, and obviously I'm not going to buy an amp for 2 grand when I'm not even a guitarist :)

What I can personally say about it from the quick test is that it's quite... "boring" and dull. Sure, it distorts, but it doesn't have any interesting character at all to it. Maybe I'm just doing it wrong, maybe I could tap this pedal's secret power somehow (well, I can dream atleast).

I hear ya about wanting an analog preamp Erkan, but I think some sort of rack gizmo would be a better bet! (Engl e530 in particular)

I hear ya about wanting an analog preamp Erkan, but I think some sort of rack gizmo would be a better bet! (Engl e530 in particular)

Holy fuck, 500€ :) A bit out of my zone considering ... well this is getting really old but, I'm not a guitarist so I don't really feel too motivated to buy stuff that would only be bought by "true" guitarists, atleast just not yet. I'm still a hobbyist! :)

But basically, is it safe to say it's better to stick to pure digital stuff like I've done so far, doing everything in the computer? Is the Warp pedal, or any distortion pedal for that matter, that bad to use as a preamp vs digital "in the box" stuff? :O

I'm using the tube factor and it's awesome....(really a recommended buy for anyone that does or does not own a tubeamp....except JP22)
don't know he warpfactor though.....if it it 5 times as good as the warp7 it's still shite

I remember the HK Warp 7 amps were the biggest pile of shit that i've ever heard, sort of a late try to jump the nu-metal bandwagon.

I guess the pedal is the same

I was actually interested in Behringer Warp Distortion which is a copy of Warp Factor. Sound sample that was on their page sounded nice with a very interesting tone character. They removed it before I got to save it somehow and run it through an impulse to get the real idea.