api 3124 60hz hum

I also had an UPS near my gear Rack and the A2D hummed like crazy! I Had to move the UPS to another room. It was both channels however, it's strange that on yours only one channel is affected.
Conclusion is keep your UPS / Power conditioners / anything with transformers that could create a strong electrical field away from APIs :ill:

I also had an UPS near my gear Rack and the A2D hummed like crazy! I Had to move the UPS to another room. It was both channels however, it's strange that on yours only one channel is affected.
Conclusion is keep your UPS / Power conditioners / anything with transformers that could create a strong electrical field away from APIs :ill:

no, every channel was definitely effected

If it's a ground loop you could also try disconnecting the ground at one end of the cable. But usually balanced gear doesn't suffer from this as far as I know...the other suggestions of power or induced hum seem more likely.

yeah for anyone wondering, i think i narrowed it down to having the power conditioner in the same rack as the pre

also when i have my pre in my rack which is run under my speaker (its an argosy desk), with the pre switched off, and the channel still being monitored, there is some weird peak frequencies throughout the spectrum

this goes away when the unit is no where near the speaker

Hah... a few days ago my left speaker started having this slight buzzing sound (similar to ground loop) and I thought it would be permanent. It was pretty quiet but also quite annoying. Today it suddenly dawned on me that it might be some interference and sure enough it was my new phone, which happened to be very close to the speaker's amp. I am so relieved to not be hearing it anymore.

Buy humfrees and put them on all your devices to isolate the front plate from the rack rails.

669262_800.jpg

+666