Apocalyptica finishing work on new album

nomisofsiman

Sep 19, 2008
Wheaton, IL
Never have heard anyone talking about them on here, but these guys are absolutely :OMG: in my opinion.

Finnish cello-rockers APOCALYPTICA just announced a summer debut for their latest metal-inspired creation. The new album will follow up their chart-topping release "Worlds Collide" (2007) featuring the #1 Billboard single "I Don't Care" produced by Howard Benson (MOTÖRHEAD, PAPA ROACH, SEPULTURA). THREE DAYS GRACE frontman Adam Gontier provided vocals for the track and sultry video, which became a top 20 fixture on the modern rock charts for nearly an entire year.

On this seventh studio album, fans can look forward to more of Benson's production as well as strong artistic direction from Joe Barresi (TOOL, QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE, COHEED & CAMBRIA), who is presently in Finland with the quartet perfecting the final details. Dave Lombardo of SLAYER, along with several other surprise guest musicians, are also set to participate in the project.

Classically trained cellists Eicca Toppinen, Paavo Lötjönen, Perttu Kivilaakso and drummer Mikko Sirén are currently putting finishing touches on the album and gearing up for their February invasion of Kaapelitehdas, Finland's world-famous metal expo. By early March the band will return to Los Angeles and prepare to unveil the anticipated album on an international stage.

"Worlds Collide" has sold around a quarter million copies in the U.S. and marks the group's first significant success in this country in APOCALYPTICA's 15-year career. APOCALYPTICA's Paavo Lotjonen told The Pulse of Radio that their newfound recognition has been worth all the effort. "It's been really amazing, all the success we have got," he said. "Of course it has taken a lot of work and we have given our heart to this. But I feel that it's been worth that and we have reached something new."

Our wedding party and my bride walked in to a few of their renditions of Metallica songs at our wedding. I thought the last album was pretty awesome. It was a departure from their standard formula, but it worked. Looking forward to the next album.

Our wedding party and my bride walked in to a few of their renditions of Metallica songs at our wedding. I thought the last album was pretty awesome. It was a departure from their standard formula, but it worked. Looking forward to the next album.

They never go wrong, I just hope they don't go too mainstream now that they've had success. I was not a big fan of that song they did with Corey Taylor.

I liked the instrumentals on Worlds Collide, but could do without the vocals-based songs. "I Don't Care" was OK, but I wouldn't want to listen to a whole album of songs like that.