Apocalyptica

Cheese

Mighty God Of Everything
Sep 26, 2002
UK
Visit site
They are so cool!!! I have only heard of them recently and was wondering if there are any other Apocalyptica fans in Ultimate Metal?

I have "Inquisition Symphony" and have heard quite a few track from the other two albums. They had an original idea and are great musicians, so the result was very interesting. Especially some songs ("Nothing Else Matters", "Fade To Black") are brilliant. I'm sure that most of the people here will find them interesting. I don't think that they are of those bands that will constantly occupy your stereo, their music works well in certain moments...

I read it sometime last week.. i think..?

Finnish string ensemble Apocalyptica have started the recording sessions for their upcoming, as-yet-untitled fourth album, according to website, www.wallsoffire.de.
"I think the next album is not going to be so dark," revealed main composer Eicca Toppinen. "The songs are more melodic, with better melody lines... well, maybe not better, but it's still strong, very emotional. The compositions have some more positive colors in the music than before."

"So far it looks like there will be no covers at all," stated Toppinen, who up until now have relied on covers (Metallica, Pantera, Sepultura) to bridge the gap between metalheads and the classical community. "There are songs written by me, and also Perttu, the youngest member of the band, will probably write some. It will be only our own stuff. Of course, it might happen that during the session we suddenly feel that we want to do a cover, but not at the moment."

"We are still looking for some co-operation," mentioned Eicca. "I mean, for some musicians who could help us on the new album, but nothing is sure yet. It might be that it becomes an only four cellos album, but let's see... You know, everything is still in a very sensitive position, we don't know yet which things will work out and which won't. A lot of conversation with different people is going on right now..."

Although, Apocalyptica's new album is still very much in the formative stages, the group appear to have set January as the release date for it. As of now, there is now North American agreement to release the album, but should Spitfire Records step up, much like they did for last year's Cult, fans of the band won't have to resort to pricey imports. We'll have more on Apocalyptica as it happens. Stay tuned.

I hope they don't plan any further vocal-additions :err: I got "Cult" and was amazed, finally I had found really great instrumental music (which I'm still looking for), but I almost fainted when I heard the woman from Guano Apes sing "path" *still horrified*
and why they put out two or three versions of 1 album is still something I don't understand