Arch Enemy & The Haunted News Update

Deadly Embrace

TL PREACHER
Feb 27, 2002
Bay Area
www.sfmetal.com
ARCH ENEMY guitarist Michael Amott has laid down a guest solo on the new THE HAUNTED CD, tentatively titled "One Kill Wonder". "That was really cool," commented Amott. "Their new album is sounding frighteningly good [laughs]. That was pretty scary, but I enjoyed playing on that. Me and Anders [Björler], the lead guitar player, traded off a bit, all in all a fun Sunday afternoon in the studio."

In other news, ARCH ENEMY have commenced the songwriting process for the band's next studio CD. "We've got nine or ten songs [so far]," revealed Amott. "It's sounding really heavy. We want it to be more intense than the last record. We've seen with a lot of other bands that are considered to be our peers, I think they kind of seem to be going in a softer direction. I haven't heard much, but the odd track on a sampler or whatever, what people have told me, they've gone in that direction. So yeah, we just want to keep it intense. But its just going to be the same kind of progression we've had with every album. We just kind of pour all our creativity into it without really thinking about it too much. But we'll basically stay heavy and intense."

The as-yet-untitled album, which is not expected to surface until late 2003, may also feature guitarist Christopher Amott (Michael's brother) trading off some clean vocals with frontwoman Angela Gossow, according to Michael.

From Blabbermouth.Net

sounds good that AE is keeping it heavy. they better dump the clean vocals. thats marked the beginning of the end for the some their peers (besides it being incredibly trendy nowadays). however if angela were to use some clean vocals, then it could be cool. It worked very well for Dark tranquality when they used chick vocals

I don't think clean vocals marks the "beginning of the end", but I think some clean vocals would work well with Angela. I did not like "the chick Vocals" on Dark Tranquility's eariler material, although their new one Damage Done, has been in my CD player for some time, & is a great album. Seems they are headed down the right road for me..........................

No one in here probably likes these guys..but Cradel of Filth uses almost opera chic vocals and she sounds awesome. It adds to the keyboards and the cheesey evil overtone of the music. If used right it sounds cool..