Arch Enemy - Wages Of Sin

Originally posted by Dreamlord
Carcass' best album is Necroticism. Why is this classic constantly overlooked?

The Necroticism album is NEVER overlooked by me. I've gone through two copies of that CD. When I picked up that CD the day it was released, my ear drums were hooked. I still listen to it weekly. Damn, why did Carcass have to break up?
:mad:

Wages of Sin sucks. I heard it for the first time in a while today and found just a couple of decent riffs. The rest were simple, unoriginal, crappy and boring. To add that with the not-so-good leads, toned down solos and generic vocals, you've got a poor album.

All I have to say to you is that you are actually right in some aspecs, you were way too harsh on AE, they dont SUCK. I have listened to many metal bands, from Amon Amarth to Zao..And the thing about a couple decent riffs, c'mon man, these guys are TIGHT! they really know what theyre doing, and the crappy and boring, well i fell to sleep to this album! It was too repeatetive and all songs followed the same structure. It wasnt too original either. Although techical, techical gets boring when its follows the same damn style in every song! The vocals i thought were excellent, for a hottie. they werent generic, you need to take it easy. Carcass was a lot better because they were more original. And much much more. This album is not my favorites at all, too repeatetive, sounds like nu-metal with good guitars and drumming (btw..the drumming is incredible).

Carcass albums heartwork and swansong , are the best melodic-death metal (here in Puerto Rico we called it turbo-metal)ever recorded alongside At the Gates "Slaughter of the soul" . Arch Enemy's "Wages of Sin" is an excellent combination of death metal and old-school heavy metal
Meanwhile ,Angela fits better in the band than Johan . Her voice is quite similar from Chuck Schuldiner and Jeff Walker.

Eternal_Decadent Carcass albums heartwork and swansong , are the best melodic-death metal (here in Puerto Rico we called it turbo-metal)ever recorded alongside At the Gates "Slaughter of the soul" . Arch Enemy's "Wages of Sin" is an excellent combination of death metal and old-school heavy metal

i must ask you one question....

ARE you a raving lunatic eternal?

no offence but the vocals sound so different i couldnt even begin to contemplate similarties....

only thing i can see the 3 vocalists having in common is they all have vocal chords... beyond that the similarities end...

(her voice even sounds feminin(as it should) but nothing like chuck or jeff...)

Wages of Sin... Its good, but the songs are all samey. Maybe it needs time to grow on me, but there is an uncanny similarity between each song.

yeah that bugs me also cheese...

bands need to make different sounding riffs to catch my attention...

not to say they should try to throw somethhing soft on to break it up... but anything diffferent would help...

take an example from nile like the song ruins or an insturmental or something allways helps :)
-Necro