Arch Enemy

kalifguy

Feb 24, 2004
City of Angels
Hi guys, thought I'd mention that Arch Enemy who opened up for Iron Maiden last time around will be in town (L.A.) on May 22 at the House of Blues with Machine Head headlining. They will also play a few other cities. I look forward to hearing Angela Gossow once again...tickets will be on sale sooner or later... cheers... :)

Metallicat180 said:
What are they like? Funeral For A Friend opened for Maiden in Glasgow and they were pretty crap. I've heard alot of good stuff about Arch Enemy - what songs should I check out?

Metallicat180, you probably need to concentrate on the last two albums with Angela Gossow singing at the helm... Anthems of Rebellion and Wages of Sin. During the Iron Maiden tour they played a number of songs from both albums, especially Anthems of Rebellion, both albums kick ass (all songs). The song We Will Rise was their encore. Personal favorite songs... Exist to Exit, Leader of the Rats, We Will Rise, Silent Wars... :cool:

kalifguy said:
Metallicat180, you probably need to concentrate on the last two albums with Angela Gossow singing at the helm... Anthems of Rebellion and Wages of Sin. During the Iron Maiden tour they played a number of songs from both albums, especially Anthems of Rebellion, both albums kick ass (all songs). The song We Will Rise was their encore. Personal favorite songs... Exist to Exit, Leader of the Rats, We Will Rise, Silent Wars... :cool:
Cheers duder!! I will be sure to try and check some of them out!! :headbang:

Seems like Arch Enemy pulled out of the tour with Machine Head. Their website posted a small statement which can be found at www.archenemy.net Angela was having visa problems recently, but according to them they had resolved it. Maybe they came to the realization that they could headline? I hope they reschedule.

they could easily headline... I can't believe the asinine statement on the Machine Head official site... quite lacking professionalism. For Shame! Maybe they are jealous that Anthems of Rebellion is a much stronger record than their new one "Through The Ashes of Empires" (got an advance copy... quite average sounding...)

Keyser Soze said:
they could easily headline... I can't believe the asinine statement on the Machine Head official site... quite lacking professionalism. For Shame! Maybe they are jealous that Anthems of Rebellion is a much stronger record than their new one "Through The Ashes of Empires" (got an advance copy... quite average sounding...)

I read their statement........... :Smug: :err: Geeeez. Perhaps they wanted to administer mouth to mouth??? hehehe.

Doodoobubbachuck said:
I read their statement........... :Smug: :err: Geeeez. Perhaps they wanted to administer mouth to mouth??? hehehe.
LOL, and they're peeved cuz she declined their "assistance". Now it's :cry: time......poor babies.....:err:

Sounds like they need a spanking! Guess we'll have to wait 'til Angela's nail grows back....teehee....!!