ARCH ENEMY's ALISSA WHITE-GLUZ Joins LAMB OF GOD's MARK MORTON On Stage In Montreal (Video)

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
ARCH ENEMY singer Alissa White-Gluz joined LAMB OF GOD guitarist Mark Morton on stage this past Sunday night (March 17) in Montreal, Quebec, Canada to perform the song "The Truth Is Dead". Video footage of her appearance can be seen below. Backing Morton on the tour in support of his debut solo album, "Anesthetic", are vocalist Mark Morales (SONS OF TEXAS), guitarist Doc Coyle (BAD WOLVES, ex-GOD FORBID), bassist Nick Villarreal (SONS OF TEXAS) and drummer Art Cruz (PRONG, Cruz and Coyle have both played with LAMB OF GOD in the past. Cruz filled in for LAMB OF GOD drummer Chris Adler on tour last year while Chris recovered from a motorcycle accident, and Coyle subbed for Morton when LAMB OF GOD opened for METALLICA in 2009. Appearing with Morton on the trek are co-headliners LIGHT THE TORCH and support act MOON TOOTH. Remaining dates are as follows: Mar. 21 - Chicago, IL - Bottom Lounge Mar. 23 - Colorado Springs, CO - The Black Sheep Mar. 25 - West Hollywood, CA - The Roxy Theatre Mar. 26 - Phoenix, AZ - Club Red "Anesthetic" was released on March 1. The first single from the album, "Cross Off", features late LINKIN PARK singer Chester Bennington. Other singers on the album include Jacoby Shaddix (PAPA ROACH), Myles Kennedy (SLASH, ALTER BRIDGE), Randy Blythe (LAMB OF GOD), Mark Lanegan, Chuck Billy (TESTAMENT), Jake Oni, Josh Todd (BUCKCHERRY), Mark Morales, and Naeemah Maddox. Musically, Morton performs all guitars, with Roy Mayorga (STONE SOUR), David Ellefson (MEGADETH), Ray Luzier (KORN), Gregoletto and Bent, Mike Inez (ALICE IN CHAINS), Jean-Paul Gaster (CLUTCH), Steve Gorman and Marc Paul rounding out the band. Mark told Australia's Heavy magazine that he wanted Alissa to appear on "Anesthetic" because "it was important to me conceptually to have some women on this album. I didn't want it to be just a bunch of smelly dudes... I think it makes it more dynamic, and just kind of cooler."

Continue reading...