Architects - Broken Cross (Mixtest Before/After)

Dans

Jul 3, 2014
Hey guys, did a quick mix on this track along with the unmixed to showcase what I did with mixing.
Starts with the unmixed track, the full mix kicks in around 1:00.
Any feedback is appreciated, thanks in advance guys :)

(This is already the modified version based on some feedback received.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Mix is decent but a little muddy, fix with a Eq on the master, and the drum is not enough "In your face " , but otherwise nice work :)

IMO, the snare sticks out at being both weak (it lacks "smack", try layering many samples, removing a bit of low end out of the snare you have now, and using compression as a tool to shape its sound) and too loud, fixing it would help the rest of the mix tremendously. Once this is done it'll be easier to pinpoint other aspects of the mix you could work on.

Hey thanks for input guys! I tweaked the mix based on your guys' feedback and a new version is uploaded! Please keep the feedback coming :)

The snare still sounds one-shotish and very trebly (it sounds almost like it's limited, because the transient seems a bit flat with the sustain exaggerated in volume), it's a bit distracting. You could also do with a touch more mids in the guitars, but overall I think it sounds better than the first time I heard it. Keep it up! :)