Are you colourblind?

hehe, a friend of mine is color blind, I didnt knew it for quite a while, he always said he doesnt like my hair color, after he told me that he sees it green not red I understood... imagine, green hair and red eyes... aye, frightening :ill:

DragonLady1 said:
hehe, a friend of mine is color blind, I didnt knew it for quite a while, he always said he doesnt like my hair color, after he told me that he sees it green not red I understood... imagine, green hair and red eyes... aye, frightening :ill:
I wouldn't say that he sees it green. For him green and red are just the same colour. I mean how could he explain you "green" at all if he cannot differ it from red *g*. I was always wondering if colourblind guys (I think only men can have that, not sure tho) see green and red as green or as red :err:. I mean for them it's the same colour so what is it? *ggg*

And how do you know that what you see as "red" is the same as what other people see as "red"?

Light said:
And how do you know that what you see as "red" is the same as what other people see as "red"?
Well you point to something red.. but still, you cannot be sure. Maybe someone just told the other person (or maybe to you) that it is red and he/she believed it *g*

Eos said:
I wouldn't say that he sees it green. For him green and red are just the same colour. I mean how could he explain you "green" at all if he cannot differ it from red *g*. I was always wondering if colourblind guys (I think only men can have that, not sure tho) see green and red as green or as red :err:. I mean for them it's the same colour so what is it? *ggg*
5 % of men and 1 % of women are colorblind. There are different forms of colorblindness. We got a trichromatic vision with 3 receptors for blue, green and red/yellow. The most common form is when the receptor for red is missing.

Eos said:

:err: dunno how he really sees it, at least its what he told me... :ill: and maybe his words started to build an image in my mind as a monster with green hair and red eyes that is quite exaggerated...

Light said:

The color of a thing is determined by the way it reflects the light.
All the "red" things reflect light the same way, that's why everyone sees a same "red" (except for colourblinds ;) )

Did you know the colour red for a cat is pale blue, how the hell did they find that out, did the cat say "god that top your wearing is a nice shade of pale blue" and the person replied no its red :OMG: you must be colour blind, no seriously what clever arse worked it out like o_O

Don Corleone said:
im just curious, is anyone of you colorblind and somehow managed to get a driver's license?
I think you see a difference in traffic lights green bigger than red or the other way around.

btw I'm half blind on one eye and I have a driver's license.