ARE YOU READY FOR... BELLZLLEB?!

einride

your best friend
Feb 29, 2008
no you are not.

this is so fucking SATAN that it's bellz backwards and forwards.

japanese & really weird doom/black/post-punk/gothic chaos from 1989.

i swear you have heard nothing like this ever. it's like christian death playing candlemass with some really vömitous black metal vocals. FOR FANS OF: celtic frost - into the pandemonium, maybe? is the closest parallel i can think of but it never got this dark & nihilistic

i'm digging very deep into japanese metal these days and let me tell you it's a whole parallel universe of really good and really weird shit down here. i will be probably posting more because despite this forum being dead as a bag of bricks you guys are my only friends on the internet so whatever.

Reactions: Sophii
Sounds like something I think Dir en Grey would do if they didn't think Visual Kei existed in the 90s. Whatever your thoughts are on DEG, I can't help but to draw comparison due to the insane vocal performances and genre shifting extreme metal cross post-punkisms.

Man this fucking rules hard, nice find!

Sounds like something I think Dir en Grey would do if they didn't think Visual Kei existed in the 90s. Whatever your thoughts are on DEG, I can't help but to draw comparison due to the insane vocal performances and genre shifting extreme metal cross post-punkisms.

Man this fucking rules hard, nice find!
ah yes

i never did get around to dir en grey yet despite working on getting into/trying out most of the heavier visual kei bands

it's very possible that dir en grey drew influence from these guys i guess since from what i understand bellzlleb were kind of on the outskirts of the visual kei scene, not exactly being in it as such but certainly aware of/informed by it

From what I read, Bellzlleb were like, proto-visual kei.

And yeah possibly! DEG's Missa EP and the Macabre album kinda remind me of this minus the Doom Metal. Still pretty avant-garde.

Holy crap. This is definitely a thing. I like how the reverbrever is set to just-on-the-verge-of-but-not-quite-seasick on almost everything. Maybe they recorded the album on a boat. EDIT: Wait that might have been a mechanically failing headphone issue. Either way, good album.
...because despite this forum being dead as a bag of bricks you guys are my only friends on the internet so whatever.
<3

Last edited:
Worthy thread. @Sophii posted this song in another thread and I loved it, so I checked out the rest of the band's stuff. It sounds like they may have gotten a warp effect here by speeding up or slowing down the tapes:

Here's some more: