Are you ready to warm up?

hvymetalchik

Will work for heavy metal
Oct 22, 2007
San Antonio, TX
FYI

The temperature will be in the high 70's during NMF......although it has been known to reach the 90's in March! Are you snowbirds ready to warm up? :heh:

A Hight of 82 degrees here in El Paso today, our winter this year was basiclly one week of temperature in the low 20's.

While going down to SA will be a nice break from Winter, I'm good with the snow and cold. Having lived in Los Angeles the last 7-8 years, I grew tired of the weather never changing and I missed the seasons. Besides, Spring is on the horizon!:)

Bring me some snow.

I probably could.
We have mounds of snow so frozen that they won't completely thaw until like, July.
So I'm sure I could grab some, get it a passport, go through security, stuff it neatly into overhead storage, fly it from Chicago to TX and it would still be frozen long after Mindwarp Chamber finishes their set.

At 8:00am on this fine Wednesday it is already 65 degrees, expected hight today 85.

You have to understand the kind of people I know. I have a buddy who prefers to die from a heart attack while shoveling snow and smoking a cigarette.

It's all relative at the end of the day. When you live in a warmer climate like SoCal, and it's basically warm year round, you start taking it for granted. It's always the same, so your appreciation for that weather eventually disappears. This is true for me. I lived it. Whereas living in Chicago makes you ALWAYS appreciate nice, warm days, due to the continuous variety in weather systems there.

You have to understand the kind of people I know. I have a buddy who prefers to die from a heart attack while shoveling snow and smoking a cigarette.

It's all relative at the end of the day. When you live in a warmer climate like SoCal, and it's basically warm year round, you start taking it for granted. It's always the same, so your appreciation for that weather eventually disappears. This is true for me. I lived it. Whereas living in Chicago makes you ALWAYS appreciate nice, warm days, due to the continuous variety in weather systems there.

I'd rather die on a beach from heat stroke, drinking a margarita, than be stuck inside freezing my ass off for 9 months out of the year.

Ha Ha!
To each his own. I understand the 'taking for granted' concept but that doesn't mean it's not enjoyable.

When I moved to Texas from Minnesota, (talk about going from one extreme to the other), I didn't miss the cold and snow at all. Being able to go outside without a coat year-round was awesome.
Then we moved to Chicago and I've been an icicle ever since.

Anyway...looking forward to some heat....and BBQ Brisket!

I'd rather die on a beach from heat stroke, drinking a margarita, than be stuck inside freezing my ass off for 9 months out of the year.

Ha Ha!
To each his own. I understand the 'taking for granted' concept but that doesn't mean it's not enjoyable.

When I moved to Texas from Minnesota, (talk about going from one extreme to the other), I didn't miss the cold and snow at all. Being able to go outside without a coat year-round was awesome.
Then we moved to Chicago and I've been an icicle ever since.

Anyway...looking forward to some heat....and BBQ Brisket!

Totally agree!:kickass:

It's all relative at the end of the day. When you live in a warmer climate like SoCal, and it's basically warm year round, you start taking it for granted.

I don't take the Texas heat for granted!!!!!! Yuck :lol:

It's always the same, so your appreciation for that weather eventually disappears. This is true for me. I lived it. Whereas living in Chicago makes you ALWAYS appreciate nice, warm days, due to the continuous variety in weather systems there.

Texas has 2 seasons.....summer & fall, that's it. So when it does get cold here, I embrace it. :worship: