are you sure Vehemence are not from the bay area?

There's a certain amount of thrash of most competent death metal. And as much as I hate to admit it, excellent thrash bands do not merely hail from Baghdad By the Bay...there's Anthrax, Nuclear Assault, and OVERFUCKINGKILL from NY, Flotsam & Jetsam from AZ (a-hah!), Dark Angel from Los Angeles, Torture Squad and Sepultura from South America, and the absurdly awesome host of German thrash bands. And that's just the beginning...

Yeah, anyway, there's some thrash riffage here and there, but they're definitely some kinda death. Melodeath with testicles, I call it. ;)

Well, considering Bjorn is influenced, or atleast listens to some of the older Metallica stuff, I wouldn't totally rule out the thrashy sound in Vehemence. Though the brutality would definitely make a 3rd grade Metallica fan cry....

Pyrus said:
There's a certain amount of thrash of most competent death metal. And as much as I hate to admit it, excellent thrash bands do not merely hail from Baghdad By the Bay...there's Anthrax, Nuclear Assault, and OVERFUCKINGKILL from NY, Flotsam & Jetsam from AZ (a-hah!), Dark Angel from Los Angeles, Torture Squad and Sepultura from South America, and the absurdly awesome host of German thrash bands. And that's just the beginning...

Yeah, anyway, there's some thrash riffage here and there, but they're definitely some kinda death. Melodeath with testicles, I call it. ;)
melodeath without testicles = At The Gates, Soilwork...

Here goes me getting bitched out for that one. I got a good excuse though. Those bands are totally emo! Listen to their deathy vocals about killing everybody (I have no idea what their lyrics say) That's totally emo!