Aren't you jealous you don't live in belgium ???

Great line-up indeed, but there's one band missing: PYRAMAZE!
I've seen Iced Earth live twice (both times with Matt) and it was absolutely amazing! I pray that with Matt's return the music will get better too again. No doubt: Pyramaze is the best band around, and with Matt's voice they are... unbelievable... I just can't find the right words to describe my feelings...

I love Ripper as a vocalist. I honestly think that the music for TGB and FA were excellent... but with Matt I highly doubt anyone would have been complaining about the albums... but now that he is back, Iced Earth will be even better. He is the voice of the band, no matter who came before or after.

I honestly think that the music for TGB and FA were excellent... but with Matt I highly doubt anyone would have been complaining about the albums...
I think you'd be surprised. Both those albums suck (personal opinion, of course), but not only because Tim Owens was behind the mic. Even Matt Barlow couldn't have saved those albums, and my expectations for the next IE album are still very very low. If everything else is bad, a singer alone won't save an album, no matter who it is.

That's why I was more disapointed than excited when I heard that Matt would be rejoining Iced Earth rather than staying with Pyramaze. Jon's music isn't worthy of Matt's voice anymore. Anyway, we'll have to wait and hear what the next IE album sounds like.

I still cherish the hope Matt will make IE kick ass again ... if no new album appears I still won't mind if he does alive in athens + horrow show :lol:, I just want to see / feel him live, he has so much feelings in just his CD's alone what won't it feel like when you hear IE live ??? Doing my head in that when I started listening to IE, Matt just left :lol: .....

I think you'd be surprised. Both those albums suck (personal opinion, of course), but not only because Tim Owens was behind the mic. Even Matt Barlow couldn't have saved those albums, and my expectations for the next IE album are still very very low. If everything else is bad, a singer alone won't save an album, no matter who it is.

That's why I was more disapointed than excited when I heard that Matt would be rejoining Iced Earth rather than staying with Pyramaze. Jon's music isn't worthy of Matt's voice anymore. Anyway, we'll have to wait and hear what the next IE album sounds like.

I know the popular opinion is those albums sucked... But I really, truly do not get it. I don't agree in the slightest. It really does come down to a matter of taste, but I know that people would have recieved them better if Matt was behind the mic. In my mind its not a maybe, but a certainty. There was inevitable prejudice against Ripper because.. well, he wasn't Matt.

as big a fan as i am i was on the middle ground of the entire situation.
that and ive seen both sides of the spectrum. believe me there are some IE fans who didn't want barlow back.
Id say the musicianship of the latter albums were not bad at all. In fact, FA and the Gettysburg Trilogy to me are on par to what Iced Earth has and should be. most of the gb album just wasn't Iced Earth as we all know it. Think of it like Helloween's the Dark Ride.

I love Framing Armageddon.

Anyway this is the Pyramaze forum, sry Micheal Jonah, Toke, Niels, and even Matt.

Well I am happy Matt is reutrning to IE, but really sad he's leaving Pyramaze. I just hope that in future IE albums he'll sound as amazing as he does on the 2 kickass samples :headbang:

I'm usually not the kind that would travel an assload for a gig, but seeing Iced Earth with Barlow is an exception. I can't miss this haha (and Fields of Rock is way above my budget anyway).

You gotta post a review the second you get back. :)

Man, I wanted to go so fucking bad.

It's going to be amazing. Paganfest as a kickoff, Iced Earth headlining second say, and DARKANE and Testament the third... I kind of wish it was Iced Earth as the final band of the last day, but it is still going to SLAY>

Of course there will be a review!