Arjen Lucassen's Star One - Space Metal

Belial

Rainbow Demon
Nov 18, 2001
Shoikan Grove
jason.storiesfrom.us
I was looking through a catalog that came with one of my CDs and happened upon a glimpse of the album Arjen Lucassen's Star One - Space Metal In the small add it said it features Dan Swano.

My question, Dan, is what part did you play in this project? I'm deeply curious.

You must indeed. Get the 2 CD edition while you're at it.
The guys at the Ayreon forum will hook you up if you can't find it elsewhere.

My favourite is actually a non-Swanö song (gasp!), Intergalactic Space Crusaders.

Yes, Dan sings on all but one of the album's tracks, which incidentally is the WORST song on the CD! :) It's an excellent album--there's a few awkward parts here and there, but Dan's vocals sound great and the tunes are really good. Definitely worth picking up!

yeah im gonna have to get this album , how are the other Ayreon albums , i heard electric castle is the best , any truth?

Originally posted by spikes77
yeah im gonna have to get this album , how are the other Ayreon albums , i heard electric castle is the best , any truth?

I ordered the Star One album and Ayreon - Into The Electric Castle, so I'll let you know if it's good when I get it.

I personally like The dream sequencer. Arjen has this way of putting really cheesy stupid things in with the music on into the electric castle. I mean the concepts are cool, but sometime the ideas are poorly executed. Defintaely check out the dream sequencer, that album rocks.

Request_denieD

I see what you mean. I'm listening to it now and just got up to the third track of the first disc. The hippy chorus practically ruins the whole song IMO.

But so far I'm really impressed. I'm going to buy The Dream Sequencer later this week.