ARKONA FOR HC3?

PurpleCrayonWriter

Just a Kid at Heart
I know things are pretty well wrapped up, and only one other band (Pagan Altar) is still under consideration. But I've just recently gone apeshit over Arkona. They're a recent (within the last six months) discovery of mine. Their latest CD is great. Their previous ones are astounding. They're very pagan/black/folk-metal. Unique and highly creative. A screaming Russian babe to boot. Who can argue with that? :headbang:

I think Arkona would be a very nice addition to the party. Probably more so than Pagan Altar, a band I "voted" for previously.

Can I rescind my vote and cast it for Arkona? :)

A follow up is indeed in order for PA!

I very much still wish for PA to appear but if by some god forsaken chance they cant make it, I'd rather not have Arkona. They do nothing for me personally, so I'm sure there are more than a few other bands out that more people would enjoy than Arkona.

I know PA just played a European fest somewhere.
Maybe they were unavailable to emails for a week or so.
Hope you hear back from em!

Saw some recent You Tube footage and they sound great.

A follow up is indeed in order for PA!

I very much still wish for PA to appear but if by some god forsaken chance they cant make it, I'd rather not have Arkona. They do nothing for me personally, so I'm sure there are more than a few other bands out that more people would enjoy than Arkona.

I enjoy Arkona, but it's too much of the same. Can we get a traditional doom band to stand in Pagan Altar's stead?!?!

Perhaps Apostle of Solitude? They're based right next door in Indiana.

That'd be silly. I understand PA because of the draw, but adding a trad doom band that won't create anymore draw because a few of you want one would be downright silly :p. I think if PA can't come, Arkona would be great, as they are relatively popular and could be the decider for those who may be "on the fence". Of course if you can get a no name trad band that will pay there way to HC3, there ain't any harm.

If you're still on the fence after Ancient Rites, Morrigan, Woods, Wolven Ancestry, and the like, then Arkona is not going to push you in to coughing up $500 for a plane ticket. Arkona's sponsorship money won't cover one ticket from Moscow, while AoS would surely sign on for free beer & sloppy joes.

I enjoy Arkona, but it's too much of the same. Can we get a traditional doom band to stand in Pagan Altar's stead?!?!

Perhaps Apostle of Solitude? They're based right next door in Indiana.

Now you're talkin' Acai.

How about Solitude Aeternus? They're a great doom band. Killer vocalist who recently toured with Candlemass. They're in Texas, as y'all know. I'd love to see them, too.

If you're still on the fence after Ancient Rites, Morrigan, Woods, Wolven Ancestry, and the like, then Arkona is not going to push you in to coughing up $500 for a plane ticket.

They may not push you into it, but with the exception of Woods, Arkona is way more popular with the newer crowd than all of those. At the two paganfests I went to, I saw Arkona shirts, heard them being mentioned multiple times, but never saw or heard anything regarding AR, Morrigan, or Wolven Ancestry. I think those bands are pretty much unheard of in that crowd (yeah yeah noodledancing blah blah paganfest goers are annoying, regardless its a demographic to draw from).

I'm not against Apostle of Solitude or any other doom band playing. Like I said, if they cover their own expenses it can't hurt. But if it comes down to a choice between a band of that sort and Arkona, Arkona would definitely bring more people. Though admittedly I'm not a fan of Pagan Altar, you all have convinced me that they'd draw a decent amount of people, so I think they'd be a good addition if its possible.

They may not push you into it, but with the exception of Woods, Arkona is way more popular with the newer crowd than all of those. At the two paganfests I went to, I saw Arkona shirts, heard them being mentioned multiple times, but never saw or heard anything regarding AR, Morrigan, or Wolven Ancestry. I think those bands are pretty much unheard of in that crowd (yeah yeah noodledancing blah blah paganfest goers are annoying, regardless its a demographic to draw from).

Here's hoping HC does not turn towards the nu-crowd that Pagan Fest caters to :kickass:

Now you're talkin' Acai.

How about Solitude Aeternus? They're a great doom band. Killer vocalist who recently toured with Candlemass. They're in Texas, as y'all know. I'd love to see them, too.

I think they run a bit of money... and Rob is REALLY busy with candlemass at the moment so the near future of Solitude is pretty unknown. They'll continue on, but it may be some time before we get to see them do much (kinda like the space between Adagio and Alone, the band just layed low and did their own stuff for a few years). Saw them at CPF 2 years ago, they put on an amazing set and I'd love to see them, regardless.

I'm thinking a localish band, and Gates of Slumber, or Apostle of Solitude, or possibly Hour of 13 are right up in the alley for that. Hour of 13 would definitely work out with the theme of the fest, actually.

But honestly, any possible way to get Pagan Altar... my true want.

But honestly, any possible way to get Pagan Altar... my true want.

I think it's probably worth recognizing that after multiple e-mails from Heathen Crusader, plus the added incentive of fan sponsorship, Pagan Altar may just not be too fussed over playing their first US show at HC3. *shrugs*

I'm sold on HC3 already so Arkona adds no incentive to go. It just sounds like a huge expense to fly them in from Russia for the same folks who've bought their ticket already to see Moonsorrow.

If that's the unfortunate case then I fully endorse and support trying to get Hour of 13, Apostle of Solitude, or Pale Divine.

Nearby and cheap but high god damn quality. Perfect candidates to fit the "off band" role.