Arkona sign to Napalm Records

I have seen Napalm Records stuff at Best Buy even.
I just ordered the new Power Quest (on NAPALM) from the Best Buy site....

While I am not familiar with ARKONA, glad to hear they are getting better distro.

Also, it is good to see a Diabolik & Jasonic post again. :kickass:

yeah, the powerfest board has bow turned into the largest kiss ass board ever. What is the point of having a discussion board if you cant discuss stuff without big brother watching everything. I'll let the control mongers have thier fun and thier few sheep, I am sure they will have a blast at Disturbed.

The newest Arkona disc is being rereleased by Napalm in July...so the disc will be out by Heathen Crusade.....someone may want to contact Napalm!!!

It is great that they are getting good distro now...how odd would it be to see Arkona at Best Buy!!!!

Also Napalm signed three other folk metal acts too.

Napalm is just trying to 'compete.'

Some reason pagan/folk metal is taking off and labels are grabbing what they can.

I honestly think it has a lot to do with Turisas's Rasputin.. which is kind of ironic.

Napalm is just trying to 'compete.'

Some reason pagan/folk metal is taking off and labels are grabbing what they can.

I honestly think it has a lot to do with Turisas's Rasputin.. which is kind of ironic.

Uh, Napalm Records has had bands like that on their roster for a while. The fact that Turisas covered Rasputin has nothing to do with it.

Then you haven't been following the news over the last few months. Lots of folk metal bands have been getting signed by important labels in heavy metal. Its a trend.

My assertion of their cover of Rasputin may be off, but I've noticed more signing of these bands lately, and I would not be surprised if the success Turisas has had with it is what caused it. Its also a normal thing to occur in the music industry. One band of one type finds some decent success, and then labels have to jump on board to get their bands of that style.

Same thing is happening with Thrash at the moment...

Holy fuck can I not wait for that to end so I can start blind buying thrash albums again.

Well the second handers have clung to about every sub genre of metal under the sun, aside from doom. Once they're done infesting the scene with every last hybrid shit blend they can mathematically come up with, expect a punk rock revival.