Armageddon

eppst1

Mar 18, 2002
Ohio
www.eppst1.com
Does anyone listen to these guys? I'm a big fan of Chris Ammot, and knew of their existence, but never heard thing from them. So when Century Media re-issued their last 2 discs (Embrace the Mystery and Three) I ordered it. I was expecting a melodic death metal type sound - boy was I surprised what I got!
It ended up being a power metal/hard rock project and I'm really digging it - especially Three.

Check out their myspace page - the first 3 songs are from Embrace and Three. The last song is from their first disc, which is more death metal-y.

http://www.myspace.com/armageddonsweden

Enjoy! (hopefully)

once again, i tried to license these albums (including the first album, which is a melodic Swedish death metal album) a few years ago to no avail.

each album was different which was very cool! death metal to power metal-ish to downright hard rock.
christopher is by far the better guitarist of the two brothers, not taking anything away from michael but chris smokes and can sing pretty well too, as heard on Three

i highly recommend this new reissue set to everyone.
classic stuff.

I *love* Embrace the Mystery. It's a really solid disk with a great backing band. Chris' band and playing are really good on the first disk, Crossing the Rubicon, too, but that one is very much melo-death. Don't grab it unless you can deal with the cookie monster vocals. I like it better than all of the Arch Enemy stuff. I'd rate it up with Steelbath Suicide as the top of the melo-death genre.
\m/
RonCK

Didnt they just play earlier this year in new york? or someone were on the east coast?
They are based in New York, where Chris lives now, so they do gig every so often in local clubs. They mostly play the new album, Captivity & Devourment, though, which is quite good but I do wish they played some of the clean vocal tracks from other albums. I guess it's not something he wants to do, thus the re-do of the first album, which is in the same style.
His solo album from a few years ago is excellent btw. He also sings on it. It's similar to Three, but I would say has some better songs, and more intricate guitar playing.

Glad I saw this thread. I picked up the Embrace the Mystery/Three 2cd and I am glad I did:headbang: