Armored Saint

edgeofthorns

24 Hours Ago...
Jan 2, 2005
City beneath the surface
Are there any Armored Saint fans here? If so, share any thoughts you may have about the band.

I'm not too familiar with the band's music myself, but I know that's the band John Bush and Joey Vera played with in the 80s and early 90s. Anyway, I found Symbol of Salvation in the $2.00 bin at a local CD store here in my hometown, so I grabbed it not having a clue what they sound like. With that said, I've listened to about half of the disc and it's pretty good. There's nothing earth shattering on it, but it's good, solid hard rock.

Armored Saint was a pretty good traditional metal act that came out in the middle 80's and put out some good records. My favorite will always be their debut, March of the Saint. While overall I have heard most fans prefer the Symbol of Salvation cd you have.

VenomGA said:
Armored Saint was a pretty good traditional metal act that came out in the middle 80's and put out some good records. My favorite will always be their debut, March of the Saint. While overall I have heard most fans prefer the Symbol of Salvation cd you have.

Agreed. MARCH OF THE SAINT is great. I even saw them tour for that album.

Armored St. is a good band and they are back together with John. They toured or are touring at the moment and from what I heard they are still good live.

Armored Saint are one of my all time favorite bands. Iv'e seen them at least once on every tour 13 times in all, (I even made them dinner on one stop in Detroit) since the first one with Quiet Riot and Whitesnake.
To me they are one of the founding "POWER METAL" bands. They were one the first metal bands to adopt the Knight Warrior theme in their image. Great melodic guitar hooks written by the late Dave Pritchard R.I.P. Right now they are contemplating a short U.S. Tour. So Keep an eye out. They try to squeeze one in every 3 or 4 years in between Joeys gig with Fates and Engine, solo and producing. And Gonzo and Phils hippie band experiment.
Grat band glad to see someone getting turned on to them after 20 years in the business. SAINTS WILL CONQUER!

Yeah, excellent traditonal metal band - my favorite from them is
DELIRIOUS NOMAD, love to see them live again. Actually saw them
with Dave Prichard (RIP), opening for Saxon, great show!

MysticX9 said:
Yeah, excellent traditonal metal band - my favorite from them is
DELIRIOUS NOMAD, love to see them live again. Actually saw them
with Dave Prichard (RIP), opening for Saxon, great show!

I saw them with Pritchard twice, once headlining with Fates and the other opening for Dio.

He was a monster... :headbang: what a loss.

VenomGA said:
Armored Saint was a pretty good traditional metal act that came out in the middle 80's and put out some good records.

Ayup. A good solid metal band. I would never use the term 'great' with the Saint. I don't think any of their records deserve that kind of praise. They are just straight up, no bullshit, good metal.

awesome show, they did Aftermath here in s.d. amazing song live,got to see them on the march of the saint tour opening up for metallica on the ride the lightning tour.
Favorite riff, Chemical Euphoria!!!!!

Flavio CotM said:
awesome show, they did Aftermath here in s.d. amazing song live,got to see them on the march of the saint tour opening up for metallica on the ride the lightning tour.
Favorite riff, Chemical Euphoria!!!!!

Sorry my reply was to the Saxon/A. Saint tour

Flavio.....:kickass: Raise your beer to the mess !!!!:kickass:

I love this band...they do a killer version of "Saturday Night Special"!!!
I saw their streaming video from one of the festivals in Europe a few months ago and they sounded awesome!!! Unfortunatley they are one of the few bands I have not been able to see in my life...hope to change that! MARCH OF THE SAINT is my favorite...it has recently been remastered and re-released by Rock Candy Records.
http://www.rockcandyrecords.com/

VenomGA said:
you were a lucky man

Yep, for sure.

And even better is that we bought tickets about 15 minutes before the show, right when the unused comp tickets were put on sale to the public (those being up-front, free tickets reserved for the band, media, etc which ended up not being taken by anyone).

End result... we saw them from the 10th row!

YOWZA!

Ahh, the olde days....

FYI, this was at the Old Captiol Theater in Passaic NJ.

Love AS. Have been a fan for years.... It's been so long since they played Atlanta last, I can't even remember the year it was that we last saw them, but it was at Masquerade to an extremely small crowd and they kicked ass. I sure hope they come to the east coast on their tour this year.

I've had the Raising Fear cd (cassette before that) for years and really like it. Bought the cd that came out after that a few years ago, but just didn't like it near as much. I love their Saturday Night Special too. In fact, theirs was the first version I ever heard of the song, not realizing it was a cover. When I finally heard the Skinnard version, I hated it!