"Arrow is going to be lame for the rest of her life"

xfer

I JERK OFF TO ARCTOPUS
Nov 8, 2001
New York City
www.geocities.com
So, my parents just got back to me...our kitty Arrow had been limping around for quite some time, and finally a couple of weeks ago she was crying in pain so my parents brought her to the vet's, who found a tumor in her rear leg and did a biopsy and put her on prednisone while waiting for the results.

We were worried it might be some kind of cancer, and the BEST case scenario was, instead of her having to be put to sleep, she would have her leg amputated (she didn't put weight on it anyway and walks using three legs). Toby wanted her removed leg, and maybe we could have made a keychain out of it (like the old rabbits' feet keychains) and bonked her on the nose with her own paw and such.

However, the results just came back and it turns out that it was just a knot of cartilage. No surgery recommended. I think she's going to stay on the preds, so maybe her already enormous face will puff up even more! And, as my dad put it, "she is going to be lame for the rest of her life".

NEWS FLASH.

arrow.jpg

I hate seeing cats suffer. Just the other day a buddy's cat his family'd had for over 16 years had to be put to sleep... The whole family mourned, moreso than for the death of an aunt who passed away a year ago. I loved that cat, that house'll never be the same again.

we've had several "Arrow's about to die" moments in the past couple of years. the most notable being that time I posted about when my uncle called us in San Francisco and said, "I think Arrow's grieviously ill. She's laying around and not doing anything and her belly is huge and swollen."

i must confess it would be pretty awesome to have a kittypaw keychain. especially a kittypaw keychain still bearing the very claws that left fucking scars up and down my right arm that will be there for the rest of my life.

you've wrapped that cat's feet in plastic wrap or aluminum foil at one time or another, didn't you?

also, i can have a talk with Arrow, because i know what it's like to be lame your whole life.

you know, the vet said she will probably never walk on that leg again, and just end up limping around on three legs the rest of her life like she has been for a while. do you think we could have him take it off anyway? not like she needs it.