Arte Novecento

Alex78

Fretbuzz Virtuoso
Jul 12, 2002
Germany
Visit site
what do you guys think of this album? man, the vocals are really bad sometimes. the music is quite good, but it's far from the quality of Classica or Waltz.

Well, if you think that vocals are bad on this album, then you should give a listen to the previous 'Wish I could dream it again...' and hearing that in the past were even worse, he, he, he... :Spin: just kidding however, bcs even if sometimes vocals are out of tune, I've always liked the vocals sooo much and I think that Carmelo's particular way of singing will always distinguish Novembre from others. Trust me if I tell you that here in Italy many people love this album and that it still continues to influence some other bands.

Two of my absolute fave songs ever are from this masterpiece and namely 'Homecoming' (listen to the final drumming: it's killer! Giuseppe rulez!) and 'Nursery Rhyme', with its classic guitars, percussions which taste of far away, liquid and memorable guitars melodies and the magic voice of Carmelo ... :worship:

The sound is gloomy first ('Pioggia... January Tunes', which reminds me of Katatonia from 'Brave Murder Day' period, don't you think?), then it's almost solar ('Homecoming'), it's dark (the instrumental 'Photograph')... I just love this album.

Once I saw them live and they played the cover of Depeche Mode contained in this album, 'Stripped', and Carmelo stood on stage only with the mike in hand; I had never imagined him without playing guitar, especially while wearing a t-shirt of 'Titanic' and it was funny :D ... I prefer him singing and playing guitar at the same time, anyway.

Another time, when I saw them right after 'Arte Novecento' was released, they played a cover of 'Gothic' by Paradise Lost; excellent choice.

-----oooOooo-----
We, with no sunset in sight
we face together the passing of time
with no more poetries to cry
we're still awake in this nightmare just trying to find rhymes
-----oooOooo-----

Arte Novecento is a great album, but I do agree that sometimes the vocals are a little off pitch. I actually hope Novembre decide to re-record this album as well, because it would benefit greatly from it. Probably won't happen, but one can only hope.

Wildhoney said:
Well, if you think that vocals are bad on this album, then you should give a listen to the previous 'Wish I could dream it again...' and hearing that in the past were even worse, he, he, he... :Spin: just kidding however, bcs even if sometimes vocals are out of tune, I've always liked the vocals sooo much and I think that Carmelo's particular way of singing will always distinguish Novembre from others. Trust me if I tell you that here in Italy many people love this album and that it still continues to influence some other bands.

Two of my absolute fave songs ever are from this masterpiece and namely 'Homecoming' (listen to the final drumming: it's killer! Giuseppe rulez!) and 'Nursery Rhyme', with its classic guitars, percussions which taste of far away, liquid and memorable guitars melodies and the magic voice of Carmelo ... :worship:

The sound is gloomy first ('Pioggia... January Tunes', which reminds me of Katatonia from 'Brave Murder Day' period, don't you think?), then it's almost solar ('Homecoming'), it's dark (the instrumental 'Photograph')... I just love this album.

Once I saw them live and they played the cover of Depeche Mode contained in this album, 'Stripped', and Carmelo stood on stage only with the mike in hand; I had never imagined him without playing guitar, especially while wearing a t-shirt of 'Titanic' and it was funny :D ... I prefer him singing and playing guitar at the same time, anyway.

Another time, when I saw them right after 'Arte Novecento' was released, they played a cover of 'Gothic' by Paradise Lost; excellent choice.

-----oooOooo-----
We, with no sunset in sight
we face together the passing of time
with no more poetries to cry
we're still awake in this nightmare just trying to find rhymes
-----oooOooo-----

Hvis Nyset Tar oss vs Titanic - :)

anyway as i was saying in another topic we don't have the luck abroad to see such things [ eheeeeeeeee]
'Carmelo stood on stage only with the mike in hand ' -

what do u mean girl ??????? Mike from Opeth ????? strange, really strange .... and he was singing ' STRIPPED '... :)

^truth is elsewhere ^

stop kidding - Arte rules of course - and the clear vocals .... prefer screaming ones ;) should turn back to Neanderthal times ...